PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I have a woodshop in my garage. I like to plan stuff, draw ideas, patterns etc. whilst I enjoy my pipes. I have an old stool that swivels but after a while it gets uncomfortable. I know some of you all have some really cool shop stools/chairs maybe a recliner or two. I need some ideas for a good shop chair. Maybe one that rolls around too... Time to upgrade.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
I used to have a early 60's Belmont Barber Chair. Swiveled and reclined. Sold it to a guy who was redoing his barber shop with all retro stuff. Now I have a rocking chair.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
I am in need of an upgrade too, looking forward to responses to this one.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
rocking chair... I like it shag! i am pushing 50 so... it may be time...

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Rescued this from a duck blind, installed new casters and called it good.
win_20190125_224452-600x337.jpg

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Davet, thats the style chair id expect to see in a shop nice looking. My grandpa had his own cabinet shop for about 25 years never had a chair in it other than ones he was building. My shop has 2 computer desk styled chairs and a ottoman and mini fridge full of beer. His was more a work oriented shop where mine is more of a relaxtion shop.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
SAST-P-2T.jpg

I have a history of back injury so I use saddle seat chairs in my workshop. They roll and are easy to maneuver. Just an idea for you. Everyone has specific indictable needs in a chair.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I commandeered an old swivel/rock patio chair for my shop.

What I've been looking for, to no avail, is a heated pad to put on it. You can buy them all day, every day for cars, with a 12V power cord. But I've found no pad to use with 120 in the home. It would be nice to sit on a heated seat. It's 19 degrees here this AM, my shop is around 50 degrees. I have a small heater, but a warm seat would really be great this time of the year.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I have two woodshops (woodworker with a woodworking hobby) and I don't have more than a hard wooden stool in either.
I have, however, raised both my bench and my print reading/drafting table to a height where standing at them is comfortable. Drawing, I do at home at a desk in an office chair.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Btw, I have no idea why spell check put the word indictable in my post.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Rescued this from a duck blind...."
I'm terribly sorry Davet, but I just have to ask "what on earth is a 'duck blind'"?
Perhaps it's one of those hideous auto correct efforts and you really meant 'duck pond'?
Regards,
Jay.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Awesome Ideas. Thanks. I particularly like the duck blind recycle and the porsche chair. I need a rocking chair on wheels that swivels. Thank y'all.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Duck blind: A place to hide from ducks so you can surprise them with loud guns...also known to be a place to hide from your wife and drink beer.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just to break the suspense in case davet (sc wanted to make that "duvet") isn't online soon:
A duck blind is a small enclosure to sit in while waiting for ducks to fly into the pond/water of some sort. It's set in to be almost invisible. It can have anything from a bench to fancy chairs, hot coffee, heaters, DIRECTV®, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.