Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
ipcpr-036.png

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
People that aren't on Facebook, are like vegans. They will tell you all about it in the first 5 minutes of meeting them, with an air of superiority.
I'm excited that the new owners of Peterson are breathing fresh life into them.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
People that aren't on Facebook, are like vegans. They will tell you all about it in the first 5 minutes of meeting them, with an air of superiority.
Nobody has ever accused me of being a vegan before :rofl:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
False equivalence 101.
Vegans who broadcast the fact are virtue signaling. They think they are saving the planet / sparing animal suffering / doing what's morally right (etc) and want others to know it for the social status and/or acceptance they imagine it confers.
People who warn others about Facebook & similar social media do it because those products are designed to manipulate the human limbic system in exactly the same way as chemical addictions do, and are best avoided for the same reasons. Compounding the situation enormously is that children who grow up with it undergo significant changes in brain development that are almost certainly irreversible. (Not commonly known, but easily confirmed, is that the highest level developers and marketers of social media software freely admit that they don't let their own kids near it).
The only possibilities here, unkleyoda, is that you are 1) unaware of this; or 2) you are aware of it but feel compelled to rationalize and/or defend your own addiction.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Thank you George! Right on all counts, I believe.
-signed vegan dude
I like the shaping on the new Pete. That mouthpiece looks a bit thick though. Anyone take one for a spin yet?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm not normally a big fan of the Oom Paul shape, but this is nice!
I must agree. I'm not much of a Peterson fan either for that matter (except for the tobacco that bears their name) but I really like the look of that one.
As for Facebook...for anyone interested in some perspective on the larger story and bigger picture that FB is one aspect of:
TRANSCRIPT
Silicon Valley. Nestled in the southern San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California, the Valley is not just a geographical location. It’s an idea. It’s an expression of the urge to digitize all of the information in the world, and to database, track and store that information. And as we are now beginning to learn, the result of that digitization of everything is a world without privacy. A world where our ability to participate in public debate is subject to the whims of big tech billionaires. A world where freedom is a thing of the past and no one is outside the reach of Big Brother.
But what the masses do not know is that Silicon Valley has a very special history. One that explains how we came to our current predicament, and one that speaks to the future that we are sleepwalking into.
https://www.corbettreport.com/siliconvalley/

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
People who warn others about Facebook & similar social media do it because those products are designed to manipulate the human limbic system in exactly the same way as chemical addictions do, and are best avoided for the same reasons.
Same with smart phones, which are being linked to early onset dementia. Nobody gets out alive.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Among all the chatter about Peterson, Oom Paul, Facebook, and smart phones ... am I the only one that noticed Pylorns is posting with his real name! :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.