PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
I have been working my way through a tin of petersons Irish oak lately, but this morning I figured I would load a bowl with carter hall. So with my kaywoodie large apple and a strong cup of black coffee I headed to the porch. That bowl was pretty good so I loaded up again while my daughter road her bike around. The weather here in central Alabama is great here today. So we decided to head to the local ball field and get some softball practice in, so I loaded yet another bowl of carter hall. Now I understand way people call something an all day smoke. Now I'm sitting here on my porch again listening to the birds chirp, a root beer in hand and my fourth bowl of carter hall. Just thought I would share. Have a good day y'all.
Jeremy
Welcome to the Forum! Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.
Hot link to Form Rules:Forum Rules.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Now I understand way people call something an all day smoke.
Yep, Carter Hall is a great, easy going smoke. Next nice Sunday that comes along, try repeating the process with some Prince Albert. It's another great smoke to puff on all day long on a lazy day.

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
I like the heavier nic blends for the evening time. Probably would be good pitching softball while my head was spinning lol. PA is good stuff too. I have tried both and prefer CH just a little more. My biggest surprise today was the root beer combination. It's like mixture 79 without the pipe murdering ghost. :).
My bad on the title. Will pay more attention next time. I'll blame my iPhone this time.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
"All day smoke" to me means mild on the tongue. I smoke enough that the Nic hit is rarely a problem. I do however like the strongest nic blends at night too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like full-strength blends, but not exclusively. A mild tobacco can set you up for the next full-strength blend, and vis versa. The contrast keeps it interesting.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The contrast keeps it interesting.
I started my codger burley journey with Sir Walter Raleigh and for comparison and change I began to try 'them all'.

Our brains work in mysterious and wondrous ways, and I think that our PH balances are part of the experience of tastes in tobacco. It takes some time for that PH to adjust?

It took me to work through or deep into tubs of the various codger blends before I would learn to enjoy their flavors for THEMselves as I had done with the particular blend immediately preceding. SWR>PA>CH>1/2&1/2,several Hearth and Home clones, Match ERR, PS 702.

While these are all similar in 'construction', they each have a different taste, which 'keeps it interesting'.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Welcome to the forum jdhayes. CH is one of my favorites. Really is good in a cob!

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
Yes. Carter Hall is great in a cob. Unfortunately, I have got so used to smoking my kaywoodies with the stinger ( I actually like the restricted airflow of the stingers), the cobs are just way to open for me. I am in the process of trying to figure something out to modify the draw on my cobs. I'm thinking a wooden dowel with a whole drilled through it should work in place of the filter.

thesinistral

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2016
Due to this thread and a few others I bought some CH. I must say it is a neat little tobacco in certain situations. I caught some interesting notes here and there. On the way to work in a cob it is carefree and i suspect it will be just the ticket (again in a cob) while kayak fishing this Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.