PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagenthat

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
Which frog morton blend would be best for introducing an aro smoker to latakia...I have smoked nightcap but it was way to smokey for my taste...

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Right now I'm hooked on Frog Morton On The Town. Lot's going on and very pleasing to my tastes. I think any of them would be a good transition. Top notch stuff.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I am a Frog lover, and would say "ditto" to the other responses. The only caveat might be the Bayou option. It would depend if the perique would influence the first impression too much or not.
I would say that FM would be the mildest, but I prefer the taste of FMC. Either way, you have a winner in my book. :puffy:

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
FM On The Bayou is a Balkan blend with a hint of Perique. It's my 2nd favorite FM.
FM Cellar is outstanding and I haven't opened my FM On The Town yet but looking forward with great anticipation.

Though FM Across The Pond may be what you are looking for.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Most definitely Cellar! That being said, all of them are wonderful! Of course all of them have Latakia, but On The Bayou also has Perique. I normally don't care for Perique, but OTB is one of the few blends containing the Louisiana leaf, that I really do enjoy!

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I thank "ImagineThat" for the post. It was a general question I had my self. I will definitely bookmark this thread for review later.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
I would have to agree with papipeguy. I have smoked them all and Frog Morton on the Town is my favorite, lots of stuff going on with this one. I am not a fan of FMC, I just don't like the bourbon taste. Which ever you choose, I don't think you can go wrong. All of them are top notch.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I agree with any of the frogs... They are all very tasty and pretty mild. You cant go wrong with any of them to be honest. My favorite is Cellar but I love them all.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
+1 for On the Town!
My wife even likes the room note and says it reminds her of mesquite wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.