PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Not entirely.

Scroll down the "forums" page and you'll see a long list of the most recent posts. Depending on the level of site activity, the list could go back 24 hours or more. I'd like to see it go back as far as the reader wishes to go, but it's a handy feature as is.

nick64

Lurker
Apr 29, 2013
I'd been enjoying pipes and cigars for many years before I found this forum. I have to say that it's very cool to have a place to share my thoughts on pipe carvers, tobaccos, and related stuff with people who are like-minded. AND it's great to read thoughts from other smokers, to get new insights into this centuries-old world! That is one of my most intense interests; to learn about pipes and carving from hundreds of years ago. --nv.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
New threads show up automatically no matter what section in the bottom of the screen. I notice a lot of pointless threads started about nothing, when you could just add to an existing thread, or simply search first. I've found alot of info using the search feature so I don't have to start a thread asking a question. You can simply bump that old thread to say you used it and appreciate the tip. It's forum etiquette in the internet world, and the internet is serious business.

wolf666

Lurker
Jun 22, 2013
I thought this was a forum site whats happened to freedom of speech, we don't all do book keeping !

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it is important to enter posts under the appropriate sub-forum. Here's why. Just today, I found something

relating to a specific brand of high end pipes that I wanted to pass along to the originator of a post on the subject.

The post had passed off the list of posts recently responded to, but when I went back to the subtopic where this should

have been posted, it wasn't there. I wasn't going to scroll through the entire list of subtopics, so I just dropped the whole

effort. But that's kind of too bad. Forums is supposed to be about communication, and not every piece of information

comes to hand immediately. So help out your fellow Forums members and take a minute to enter your post under the

appropriate heading. It might pay you back in information or assistance down the road! Not every effort to impose some

order is picky-fussy. (Some one needs to help me organize my study, but that's another subject.)

Reactions: Toast

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Not from me you won't, Roth. I might also add that I now ignore posts with deliberately cryptic titles, which in my opinion are usually attention-seeking devices to disguise poor material. The best titles should clearly state what the topic is about.

MieMie

Lurker
Oct 8, 2021
Clearwater, FL
mukihr, I tend to be in the Forum a little more often than Bob or Bubba.

So, if you have questions or problems; shoot me a PM and I'll do my very best to help out.
If I wanted to ask members if anyone remembers anything regarding my Uncle Royal Aten former owner of Darby pipe shop from Mattoon, Illinois which forum would I choose?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
If I wanted to ask members if anyone remembers anything regarding my Uncle Royal Aten former owner of Darby pipe shop from Mattoon, Illinois which forum would I choose?
It really depends on how you word it. General Discussion is more open to different types of responses. If you have pictures or just want to riminess you could use tobacciana History or Pipe tobacconist/B&Ms.

North Pole piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2021
Rural, Manitoba Canada.
Hey guys, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to bold my headings and have tried google and YouTube but to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction so I don’t make more work for the moderator. Much appreciated.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Hey guys, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to bold my headings and have tried google and YouTube but to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction so I don’t make more work for the moderator. Much appreciated.
Is bolding required?

If so, if you are typing and it isn’t bold, tap the big bold B in the upper left corner.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bolding is automatic; no further toil required. It will turn to proper type face when posted, not in Edit mode. BTW, all caps are a no-no.

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
Question. Where can I go to see everything new? I like how its organized but don't want to click each individual topic to read the new stuff.
BTW, love this forum, Great Group!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whoa, this thread is a golden oldie even starting before my time on Forums. It still rings true. I can't explain the weird paragraph breaks in my post.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Who has the least offenses about this subject. i would be willing to bet is me and MSO. I think a cruise would be a fair prize for all the work we spend on this subject. Norwegian Cruise line is my preference. And pleas make sure you sign up for the booze package, well worthit if you are drinking at least bucks a day 50/

Status
Not open for further replies.