PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
SPC unveiled several new colorful Savinelli lines today, all acrylic stemmed, and this one took my attention. It belongs to the Bacco line paying tribute to Bacchus, Roman god of the grape harvest, wine, ritual madness, fertility, theater, and just about all things associated with raucous parties. The pipe is paired with a bordeaux colored stem to pay homage to Italian red wines and the mythology.

002-033-54402.4107.jpg
002-033-54402_1.5545.jpg

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Duane, it could be made from 100% genuine imitation fossilized yak scrotum in honor of the Minotaur’s captivity in the labyrinths of Crete and you’d buy it if it were a Savinelli 9004 yachtsman shape. ?

But it is a very handsome pipe, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy the hell out it. ?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Duane, it could be made from 100% genuine imitation fossilized yak scrotum in honor of the Minotaur’s captivity in the labyrinths of Crete and you’d buy it if it were a Savinelli 9004 yachtsman shape. ?

But it is a very handsome pipe, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy the hell out it. ?
If it were a 9004 and not a 904, I would have paid 3 times what I paid for it.? Not to mention I actually bought a pipe with an acrylic stem.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
And a brand new one at that. ?
Weird isn't it??

It’s hard to fault a guy who knows what he likes, especially with fine looking pipes like you have. Even with an acrylic stem, lol. Broadens your horizons, right?
I blame the stem. I've got two meers with deep red stems that remain unsmoked so the new 904 may be display only like the Giubileo d'Oro 904 I bought last year. Still with the alcohol reference, it may be my Pembroke pipe.?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Now if Bruce Weaver made a sandblasted 904/9004 with a nice red stem, somebody we know would probably break the sound barrier snapping that thing up....

Can’t say I wouldn’t break a leg trying to beat him to it, but somehow I just know I’d fail.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Now if Bruce Weaver made a sandblasted 904/9004 with a nice red stem, somebody we know would probably break the sound barrier snapping that thing up....

Can’t say I wouldn’t break a leg trying to beat him to it, but somehow I just know I’d fail.
He made me a sandblasted egg with a vintage red bakelite and ivory stem for Christmas a few years ago. He offered to make me a yachtsman once but I told him I liked seeing his originals.?

20180519_164612-2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72 and python

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
sorry to ask but why? I personally have not noticed any real difference in stem types. But some people don't like acrylic and I just have to wonder why? Cause I am sure there is a reason.
I hate acrylic. Even when I had teeth they were painful to bite down on. Much prefer ebonite, bakelite, and juma.

Status
Not open for further replies.