36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Just in case someone missed the vents. They are the wave patterns cut into collar beneath the rim.
The client, didn't want vents, and the pipe would probably have smoked just fine without them, as there is no way to get an airtight seal on the lid, but I felt like the lid needed vents. Like you guys, I want the smoke to have a specific escape, not just leaking out beneath the rim.
1650030585776.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Admire the creative process on this. You were given a handful of creative problems and worked through them. I think sometimes unfamiliar challenges really bring out strong innovation. I like the vents! And the flourish in the curve of that fly fishing line really makes the piece. Extra cool. You got the width for the fishing line just right. it reads immediately as a fishing line, but is bold enough to be seen and identified right away.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I can make pretty much any motif... except bicycles, and I love bikes. But, if I ever have to engrave wheel spokes again, I will lose my mind, ha ha.
That is amazing work Michael. An old set of Campy Super Record cranks would make a sweet motif.

Campagnolo-Super-Record-Crankset-72.jpg

I also really love the old classic head tube badges. There were some beautiful ones back in the day.

record2.jpg

48e841bca27eee234a18f7ec85b29137.jpg

I love the care that went into the latch. Simply stunning!
I fretted over that clasp, just about as much as the hinge. Soldering hinges without f-ing it up is a stressor for me.
But, then I just thought, crap, I'll just wire wrap it like a real hook, instead of trying to carve one... duh. somethings don't come as obvious to me, ha ha.