4Noggins

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Yes, I tried three times. But I guess he's just very busy.
I'm sorry that you're having issues. I haven't ordered from them in 8 years. Unlike most here, I don't feel the need to try out and cellar every little shop blend out there. I mainly just buy from SP and The Briary... and grow my own. But, if I were a small shop grazer, I'd have to be weary of them. Sounds like a crapshoot of a chance to take.

I hope you get this resolved.

Reactions: BROBS and Windknot

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
I'm sorry that you're having issues. I haven't ordered from them in 8 years. Unlike most here, I don't feel the need to try out and cellar every little shop blend out there. I mainly just buy from SP and The Briary... and grow my own. But, if I were a small shop grazer, I'd have to be weary of them. Sounds like a crapshoot of a chance to take.

I hope you get this resolved.
Now that the order is on the way, and hopefully it arrives, I'll have some stuff to smoke. I'm working at building up a stock again.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I have never had a problem under either management but now you have to just expect about a five day process before the actual shipping, I'm never in a hurry anymore so I just order and forget.

Reactions: BROBS

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Yes, I think there is a bit of a delay from ordering and preparing it. In my case I ordered about 5 days ago and received the tracking number today (I am in Aus so maybe that system takes a bit longer to prepare for overseas customers).

Reactions: Brendan

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Yes, I think there is a bit of a delay from ordering and preparing it. In my case I ordered about 5 days ago and received the tracking number today (I am in Aus so maybe that system takes a bit longer to prepare for overseas customers).
This is the first time this has occurred to me.
Where are you in Oz?

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
In Sydney, but previously I had the same experience, I ordered and then nothing for a while but eventually it gets in the system.
I was a bit worried the first time because I am used to Smoking Pipes ordering where it is usually processed and dispatched in about 2 days, but these guys seem to eventually get it out so I am used to the delay. I like their range of tobaccos so will continue with them.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Thanks for that. As I mentioned earlier, I'm taking the advice of someone more patient than me...press and forget!
Great advice.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Best way to contact them is to call the phone number on the website about 100 times in a row and they eventually answer ( in a very bad mood) ?
I miss the good old days at work with fax numbers, if I had bad customer service or attitude from a supplier I would happily send a fax to their phone number, which would be a continuous cycle as the fax machine had the auto redial.

I'd eventually get the angry call and play dumb to it.

Anyways, came to this thread late but I have the same experience with shipping times from 4Noggins, also in Australia (NSW).

I think one week may just be normal from now on, but I've only ordered 3 times this year.

Good luck with the orders guys, I should have my latest arrive by end of next week.

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
So far I haven't had any issues with them. Placed a couple of orders recently and they came in a reasonable amount of time. I have noticed shipping times aren't as fast as they used to be...pretty much across the board.

May 16, 2021
Manitoba Canada
They tend to not fill orders very quickly and the correspondence is really slow but it always arrives and the quality of product and packaging is fine.

Basically, if I order from them I don't expect it to ship until a week after the order is made. If I resign myself to that delay there is no problem.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
It usually takes 3-5 days after placing an order before I get the 'shipped' email but they've always fulfilled my orders without problems.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Since Rich sold out I have ordered from the new guy multiple times and every order was perfect. Granted I only buy a couple of things from him. He at least has what I want in stock at the correct prices.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I had one mailed the same day, a couple I’ve emailed after three days and they shipped right away. Seems like delays can be an issue, but so far they’ve been responsive. Just not something I go to very often. This place is turning out to be a great place to find some aged tobacco reasonably priced.
Trying to order anything from @pipestud on Saturday morning is having me thinking how my wife must have felt on our honeymoon - 30 seconds of frantic activity and it’s over and I’m unsatisfied! (I did get lucky with one tin I wanted last week). He ships promptly!
I guess you didn't do your research when picking a hotel. The intake should be relaxing and you should be satiated with the room. Oh wait I reread that and realized you meant something more adult, and there are several reasons it's a bad idea trying to get drunk from the minibar.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
They tend to not fill orders very quickly and the correspondence is really slow but it always arrives and the quality of product and packaging is fine.

Basically, if I order from them I don't expect it to ship until a week after the order is made. If I resign myself to that delay there is no problem.

Well, as I said previously, this is the first time (after about thirty orders) that this has occurred. That's why I queried it.
Anyway, the stuff is moving slowly, let's hope it gets through customs.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
"Trying to order anything from @pipestud on Saturday morning is having me thinking how my wife must have felt on our honeymoon - 30 seconds of frantic activity and it’s over and I’m unsatisfied! (I did get lucky with one tin I wanted last week). He ships promptly!"
LOL! Sorry I missed this one but thanks to a fellow member for showing me this post. May be the most hilarious post that I've ever read. You've had me laughing all morning, HawkeyeLinus!

Steve