4Noggins - Tobacconists - Missing In Action?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
As a guy who has ordered well over a hundred times from 4noggins, years ago and recently, you will get your order, unless customs does a random check on your package and fuck you over (non US customers).

I’ll tell you right now… they don’t answer shit, and customer service is pretty much non-existent. But I have never once not received an order from them, which at the end of the day, is all I care about

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
OMG!!! 4noggins answered their phone this morning and I spoke to Jeff himself!! Very charming and helpful. He was baffled as to why my order hadn't shipped and said it would go out today. Also said not to worry about the border - they ship to Canada all the time without problems.

What a difference a little bit of communication makes! All is right with the world. ;-)

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
OMG!!! 4noggins answered their phone this morning and I spoke to Jeff himself!! Very charming and helpful. He was baffled as to why my order hadn't shipped and said it would go out today. Also said not to worry about the border - they ship to Canada all the time without problems.

What a difference a little bit of communication makes! All is right with the world. ;-)
Sooooo did you get a shipped confirmation?

Reactions: Beowoulf

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
You don't want people you give money to "suck ass" if that is your on interaction with them.... that could lead to some sort of criminal charge and you want to be known as John.
Ah! Ok, then. That clears it all up!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

Glad to hear it. I wonder if my email to them offering my condolences had anything to do with it

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
I sent them over a thousand dollars worth of Tobacco to sell. They didn't provide an estimate as promised. The fucked up the listing and forgot to post items. Then I emailed over a month numerous times asking if they could at least confirm what they were in receipt of, since they couldn't manage to post everything. After not answering emails for a month and their voicemail being full they responded lol.....

"Hello sir we are very sorry that this arrangement hasnt worked out to your satisfaction. We have terminated the consignment arrangement and have shipped your box of unsold items back to you today via UPS along with a check for your 70% share of the three items that did sell."

stearmandriver

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2018
Many of us in the states rely on these guys too. Communication isn't always prompt but service is 100% reliable... and for those of us in a few states, there aren't many other options, so I surely wouldn't want to see them go away!

Reactions: MarcosEZLN

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Tracking notice this AM said that the parcel is at my local post office! YAY!

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I sent them over a thousand dollars worth of Tobacco to sell. They didn't provide an estimate as promised. The fucked up the listing and forgot to post items. Then I emailed over a month numerous times asking if they could at least confirm what they were in receipt of, since they couldn't manage to post everything. After not answering emails for a month and their voicemail being full they responded lol.....

"Hello sir we are very sorry that this arrangement hasnt worked out to your satisfaction. We have terminated the consignment arrangement and have shipped your box of unsold items back to you today via UPS along with a check for your 70% share of the three items that did sell."
Was this your first time dealing with them? Seems like the prudent thing is to start small and simple, and if they do well, then trust them with more business.

Reactions: Beowoulf

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It sounds like he has no interest in continuing a thriving business. He is doing the minimum when it comes to service. Maybe the guy wants to sell it. I bet a bunch of us could restore it to it's former glory and take it to a new level.

I don't know what his numbers look like, but there are enough smart guys to figure out what a buy out number should look like. I don't think he has a big inventory with pipes or pipe tobacco and his cigar inventory is a total joke.
No Fuente, no Opus or No Don Carlos or Hemingway and not one of the finest cigars the world has ever seen. the Don Carlos Lancero which blows away any Cuban and I will put it up against any cigar in todays market place.

If I wanted to go back to work, I know me and the right guys could put serious pressure on SP and we would blow PC out of the water. If anyone is into the leg work we can create a consortium of investors. I would think a 50,000.00 buy in with the right number of guys could pull it off.

It sounds like he has no interest in continuing a thriving business. He is doing the minimum when it comes to service. Maybe the guy wants to sell it. I bet a bunch of us could restore it to it's former glory and take it to a new level.

I don't know what his numbers look like, but there are enough smart guys to figure out what a buy out number should look like. I don't think he has a big inventory with pipes or pipe tobacco and his cigar inventory is a total joke.
No Fuente, no Opus or No Don Carlos or Hemingway and not one of the finest cigars the world has ever seen. the Don Carlos Lancero which blows away any Cuban and I will put it up against any cigar in todays market place.

If I wanted to go back to work, I know me and the right guys could put serious pressure on SP and we would blow PC out of the water. If anyone is into the leg work we can create a consortium of investors. I would think a 50,000.00 buy in with the right number of guys could pull it off.
Just be patient and let him drive it completely into the ground first. There is another once popular pipe shop here that will soon be ripe for dragging out of a ditch. But, honestly, I just wouldn't want to do the work it would take to keep a place running, much less repairing it and getting it back on the road.