PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
How is not sending an email or a phone call to a customer when the order is not fulfilled "GREAT Customer Service"???
By Rich's own response he couldn't be bothered to send an email. Yet all you 4Noggins Fanboys kill the OP for not sending an email of his own. DOUBLE STANDARD?!?!?! CUSTOMER SERVICE can only come from the company not the purchaser.
The OP was disappointed. I would be too.
If you want to "pick on" 4Noggins then:
Discuss the fact they got rid of their 10% coupon (which only brought their prices to match the other online retailers).
Discuss the fact their so called specials are a limit of 1 dented tin.
Discuss the fact that their 20% bulk sale lasted all of 10 seconds and was supposedly "sold out" of everything???

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
There was a note in the box to say another tin was on route. It was no big deal and certainly did not merit lambasting the service on-line.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
There was a note in the box to say another tin was on route. It was no big deal and certainly did not merit lambasting the service on-line.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I would never worry when dealing with 4noggins. Rich is a great guy and totally trustworthy. Guess you haven't done much business with him, he always takes care of his customers.
By the way, if you were really concerned, the phone works both ways.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I can see both sides of this. I would be disappointed if only 3/4 of my order showed up but on the flip side and in the grand scheme of things, the promise to get the 4th tin shortly would be fine.
Sending an email to the customer would be the difference between good customer service (the note) and excellent customer service as it would give the OP a chance to sub out the 4th tin for something else. I'm not knocking 4Noggins but excellent customer service is all about how the minor details are handled.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Always give the Man what caused the problem a phone call, I never go to a public site to air out problems before they have had a chance to rectify it.it may seem trivalto youbut that's his livelhood. Always heard good about them.

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
@Andy oh no u called me a name! The last resort of the truly ignorant when logic and reason fails them.
Try refuting the 3 things I listed??? Of course not. Dont hurt urself.
We all accept when some1 posts a good post about a retailer. Well we should also accept a post when retailers fall short. The OP showed no malice. He just said he was disappointed. That's all. You don't have to agree with him. But to all those who criticized him for not writing an email, he shouldn't have to.
This all could have been avoided if 4Noggins kept him in the loop.
4NOGGINS DIDN'T FEEL LIKE IT WAS WORTH THEIR EFFORT UNTIL IT SHOWED UP HERE!

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
From what I have seen, Yes, there was a lack of communication. A call or email from either party involved could have probably resulted in a solution prior to airing it here. Rich came onto the thread to explain, yes he could have contacted you directly, but you brought your disappointment here for all to see. (So Rich's response here for all to see was merited) I would say that at the end, it really is no big deal now. Communication was established, the tobacco is on its way and now, Seadog, you can get back to the all important quest of enjoying the smoking experience. I mean after all it's Friday, you have to go into the weekend on a positive note, right?

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I once got a 100 pack of pipe cleaners that only had 99 in it...That pissed me off! But oh well I'm going to eat some soup..Shrimp and corn chowder..

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
One of the reason I love the pipe hobby, and this community is intelligent, open conversation, and a hobby with some refinement. There's a few posts above that begin to violate that culture, which I'm sure you all appreciate. Let's not descend to adolescent name calling.
Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.