4noggins.com - Are They Still In Business?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryeguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2017
When you spoke to them, did they give any explanation for why it had not shipped?

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
When you spoke to them, did they give any explanation for why it had not shipped?
They said only: "sorry for the delay. That order should be shipping today and you will receive an email when it does. Thanks"
This was yesterday, but I still haven't received anything. I guess it is still not on its way. Maybe today evening someone will finally take it to the post office.

On phone they said: "We will check it"

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
It is an on demand world with insane expectations for customer service and customer demand. I have worked in the logistics business for over 15 years and firmly believe that we are out own worst enemy.
Also something to consider is the potential negative effects of ranting on open forums about minor issues with respected retailers. 4Noggins is well known and does a great job supplying us with our orders. There is very likely to be an acceptable response as to the minor delay in shipping your box. Perhaps the negative press that this post has given them would be warranted after a large amount of time but I guess that's up to you decide how you define a large amount of time.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
I see and understand that it is a well-known business but taking 5 working days just to bring one box of tobacco (which is on stock) to the post office is not a great job. At least not by my standards. To me reading reviews and critics about an online business always help.

Reactions: KenLuff

ryeguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2017
Daniel, I understand your frustration, and I agree that taking 5 business days to ship an order of stocked merchandise is not generally acceptable for a mail-order business.
As I mentioned above, I placed an order after you (not international delivery, so there is that difference), I got the shipping number the next morning, and I got the box two days later.
When I got the box, there was a mistake--something had been sent in a smaller size than I ordered. I immediately picked up the phone, my call was answered on the second (I think) ring, I explained the situation, he assured me he would immediately send out the correct item and the call was over in less than a minute with no hassle. Within an hour I got an email with another tracking number. (I am by the way perfectly satisfied by this experience--mistakes happen, it was immediately fixed at no cost to me, and at the end of the day, I actually am going to walk away with some extra tobacco).
What I'm wondering is what is the most plausible way of reconciling your experience with my experience (given that both experiences were at the same time)?
This is pure speculation, but the most plausible explanation I can come up with (why a company that was so responsive in the case of my order, and so slow in yours) is that some of the inventory was bad (e.g., when they went to fill your order some tins they had were dented and unsealed, or maybe some bulk had started to mold, so they held off fulfilling your order until they could get new stock). Again, this is pure speculation; I actually have no idea. But that brings me to my point:
I do think the most charitable thing to do at this point--if you are deeply dissatisfied with the service, and I can understand why you would be--is to contact the company directly and ask point blank for an explanation of the delay.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
We yearn for the old days when people moved slower (until retailers don't act like Amazon).
It's an odd dichotomy...

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm sorry, I don't understand the reason for this thread AT ALL.
I honestly think this has been resolved and this thread should be closed.
But, I don't track packages and get my panties in a wad if nothing shows up 15 minutes after I ordered it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's been almost an hour and my drone hasn't showed up. Did one of you bastards shoot it down?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BIu9dpwHU

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
8)

abjfpbvbirw8pyaso6ly.gif

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
:rofl:
What I want to know is why the hell Amazon doesn't have air defense for their drones yet?

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Ash, you don't understand? I wanted to know the reason of lack of their reaction for 3 days if their business was still running or what. After that I was just deeply disappointed about their impoliteness and about the fact that after 5 working days there is still no progress (until this minute). This kind of customer service is very underwhelming compared to their competition. I thought this type of forum is for changing experience and opinions freely.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I thought this type of forum is for changing experience and opinions freely
It absolutely is. Are we supposed to join in the flogging a dead horse?
Personally, I think just what I stated. If you don't like the service don't shop there, but I'm not going to be part of a public lynching because you didn't get super duper speedy service.
You are free to post your opinions. You are not free to regulate my answers.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Ive never had a problem with 4noggins. Maybe because I live in Canada and Im used to things taking a while to get here.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I never had a problem with them, great service. But I haven't ordered from them in several months.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Heh, still waiting for an order from amazon.de I placed on May 24; got the dispatched notification on May 31 stating that the ETA is June 21.
The post is slow, hence 'snail mail'.
Patience is a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.