4noggins.com - Are They Still In Business?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
I have ordered pipe tobacco from them two days ago and all I received was an automatic answer e-mail that they will send me the tracking number of the parcel. I wrote them an e-mail the next day if everything's alright, but I still haven't got any answer. Maybe I just need to say goodbye to my 100$? Anyway, interesting customer service.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Two days ago in the states was Memorial Day so likely no one was there. They are probably getting caught up on all the orders placed in their absence.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Memorial day, ok. I thought they celebrated 4th July a month in advance. I will call them in the evening, maybe they will answer on phone.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My mistake, 12 hour shifts are really throwing me off. Memorial Day was last week. :oops: Still likely lots of orders though. Give them a call, they'll get things sorted for you.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
giphy.gif

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Relax? I think it is better if I don't answer on that. But I'm sure you would be veeeery relaxed if someone disappeared with your money.

ryeguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2017
I placed an order from them yesterday afternoon. Got the tracking number this morning--usps doesn't show that they have received the package yet, but the label was printed this am and 4noggins claims it shipped, and it's pretty common for USPS tracking to be a few hours late getting the status updated. I don't know what is up with your order getting delayed (or not being able to get them on the phone), but they still *seem* to be shipping.
If you paid with a credit card, and if it never ships, you should be able to contest the charge.
But I'd also give it another day or two before getting too concerned. The delay (and inability to get them on the phone) might leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I wouldn't panic that my money is gone forever. I can dream up a million innocent reasons a particular order might get delayed a couple of days.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I wouldn’t worry. Orders take a few days to ship. Jeff is the new owner and hasn’t caused me any issues. After a week that’s when I would inquire. Not the same speed of service as smokingpipes. But it will get shipped

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just called and spoke to the owner after just a couple of rings. I have used 4noggins in the last week and received my order quickly and perfectly packaged. 4noggins is a go to vendor for me.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like it much better because the new owner doesn't hop up on a soap box the way the old one did. They are a good business and their service is really good.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
With international orders you get the confirmation you just got, then it takes a few days for the 'your order has shipped' confirmation. Eight bells and all's well.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Ok, at least I know they are in business, thank you for the information. Maybe I just used to fast service and answers too much. I really miss Danish Pipe Shop, it's a pity that they don't fulfill international tobacco orders anymore.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Update: They answered yesterday (on the 4th day from order and payment) but the parcel is still not on its way. Today is the 5th day from order...

Meanwhile I ordered from Brebbia - Italy and pipe arrived the next day in the afternoon for the same shipping cost to Iceland.

Status
Not open for further replies.