45 Hobbies For Men How Many Have You Done.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I got 27. Granted they've mostly been passing fads of hobbies. A lot of them on that list are just a little bit old fashioned and boring (and being an old fashioned and boring individual, I'm certain of this). Wouldnt bother with ballroom dancing or collecting, but motorcycling, women and drugs should definitely be on there, as others have said.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I've at least done 32 of them multiple times though far less I would consider a real hobby.
I'd like to submit a motion to strike paintball from the manly hobby record. Real men saw war, they didn't have to play it while reenacting childish games. Cycling would be up on my list as a replacement.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
33 for now, will hit 34 in a couple of weeks. Will be brewing my first batch of beer then.

B

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
30 from that list here, but there are quite a few more that aren't on that list. Dual sport motorcycling and banjo are two of them...

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
21 including things that I have done often, at one time or another. I'm only a full timer in a few of them. The list could definetly be added to. Great post smokey!

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Less than 20. I get into what I do, to extremes. It's more of a lifestyle than a hobby. I'm not opposed to unmanly undertakings either.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
36 over the life counting things as one, but down to less than half now. I laughed when I saw ballroom dancing, but had to include it because my wife had me take lessons for our wedding 30 years ago. I even knitted when a child with my great aunt :rofl: I have to say one of the top ones I miss is Paintball. I started when we just used cow marking pistols to a semi-pro team and was on he "B" squad for the All Americans. I'm really not interested in map finding and being 2nd generation from the Ukraine I know everyone who got out alive. A ship in a bottle is something I may put on the bucket list having built many models as a child. The list is very weak though if you think of all the big hobbies left out like sky diving, scuba diving, fish keeping and breeding, bird watching, Esport gaming and so many from the new cyber age etc. I've always said "try everything" and sometimes that didn't work out so well :crazy:
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.