45 Hobbies For Men How Many Have You Done.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
36 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
12 Fresh Chacom Pipes
18 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
About half listed, in one way and to one degree or another. Birdwatching (not listed) is actually a male activity

by maybe three to one, which you might not expect. A lot of visual art by men who aren't pros, and other

sorts of crafts. When I was in high school, my dad was concerned I had too many hobbies and wasn't focussing

enough. I did writing, photography, shortwave radio, and some art, and have inadvertently (that is I wasn't

planning to prove pappy wrong, it just happened that...) I used every one of those hobbies in earning a living

at one time or another. I was a radioman in the Navy for part of my hitch, then a journalist, where I used my

photography, and so on, into civilian life.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I got 28, but I think I'll call it 30 if I can swap beer brewing for distilled spirits and guitar for banjo. Sad to say I only do about a dozen or so now. This list just makes me think how awesome it would be to try fencing. Definitely money that kept me away from some of these.
EDIT: Just a note on my response. In most states making your own whiskey is against the law; I do not encourage anyone to do so and I no longer do as well, but in Missouri you are allowed to produce up to designated amounts (Based on residents 21 and over) for personal use.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
19 by my count. 21 if pipe, cigars and cigars are 3 different activities. Happy puffin',
Dave

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I tend to focus intensely on one obsession (hobby) at a time, but I do rotate them. Music composing is my primary past time, scale model building is another. Pipe collecting in earnest is a recent activity.
Here's one third of my models. I have just as many still in the box sitting on shelves in my shop. I'm primarily focused on WWII aircraft.
IMG_20130315_201320_171_zps1c240bed.jpg

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
27 for me, counting pipes/alcohol/cigar as one.
Nice to see another 1/72 WWII guy on here, but I do vehicles, boats and guns too. Got about 150 still unbuilt. Can't paint worth a damn though :(

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I hit 24, but "Formulating Fireworks/Explosives", "Crashing Cars", "Recreational Drugs" and "Women" were not listed.

That would make it 28.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I'm sure my wife regrets taking ball room dancing lessons with me. I was not exactly the Fred Astaire type. She has the scars to prove it.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
17, but some of them are very vague. Some of my other interests didn't show up.

tinpan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2013
I only hit 5, most if my things aren't listed. I do like the guys shooting arrows AND drinking beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.