PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
My 40th was a few years ago and I didn't treat myself to a pipe. Too busy getting ready for the birth of a son. If I was single and without my current responsibilities I think it might be fun to travel someplace for the birthday and find a pipe there. Maybe Turkey for a nice meerschaum, or England/Wales/Cornwall/Scotland for a British pipe, or Ireland, or Denmark, or well, you get the idea. You would have a nice pipe and some good memories surrounding the acquisition. Perhaps even meet a pipe maker in person and talk about a unique pipe to commission.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
At that price level, you want something worth every dime, and it ought to be astonishing. I hope you'll share it with us when the time comes. Wow. A life purchase.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
For my 40th birthday a couple of years ago, my wife bought me a Mimmo Provenzano Morta pipe. Her thought was that it was a unique moment in time... A brand new pipe made from bog oak that is between 2500-5000 years old (according to Mimmo)! Perfect for a 40th birthday!
It about broke my heart to see banjo's post above...

@seldom Yes family comes first, always. I've been single since a few years so I can splurge a little. The travelling to the location to get or pick up your pipe is awesome.
@rmpeeps Love Ken's pipes I think I'll end up with more than 1 pipe for my 40th (10th, 20th, 30th Birthday?)) I only started smoking pipes at 35. The problem is there are so many talented pipemakers, if I choose one or two, the others get ignored. I even had an idea to get the pipe made by a Lady Pipemaker, I love almost all of their work. Might end up requesting one from the ladies. When it comes to gentlemen pipemakers, I am completely lost. If I ask Ken, then Mike Butera gets ignored, if I ask Mike then Chris gets ignored or if I ask Chris then Roman gets ignored. So still not sure, but we have ample time.
@mso exactly, but it wont be easy for me as I dont get paid in dollars, will even take a few months of saving before I can shell out a cool $1200 or $800. I dont think I will spend this much again until I hit 50 !!
@sittingbear I am going to contact Jack for an acorn in memory of Banjo. I'll dedicate it to his name !! The Banjo Giulani pipe :)
Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.