4 Year Old Newminster 400 - Exceptional!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Just cracked a 2012 jar about a week ago - I’ve got two pounds of that vintage cellared. It bit the living daylights out of me… :cry: I don’t recall it doing this fresh - at least not to this extent? The business card sized flakes are in perfect condition, still smell just like Golden Grahams and the flavor profile is surprisingly similar to what I recall fresh tasting like. But the bite?! Def disappointed and a bit baffled. Just to put it in perspective, had a bowl of MacBaren VA No.1 the next morning and that classic biter was sublime - like it usually is for me. I certainly expected almost a decade of sleep to do wonderful things for No.400, but that is not the current reality for me…

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Just cracked a 2012 jar about a week ago - I’ve got two pounds of that vintage cellared. It bit the living daylights out of me… :cry: I don’t recall it doing this fresh - at least not to this extent? The business card sized flakes are in perfect condition, still smell just like Golden Grahams and the flavor profile is surprisingly similar to what I recall fresh tasting like. But the bite?! Def disappointed and a bit baffled. Just to put it in perspective, had a bowl of MacBaren VA No.1 the next morning and that classic biter was sublime - like it usually is for me. I certainly expected almost a decade of sleep to do wonderful things for No.400, but that is not the current reality for me…
If you want to trade for our so the rest of the two pounds, let me know.