4 Year Old Newminster 400 - Exceptional!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
24 Fresh Ropp Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
New Accessories

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Ran across a jar of 2/18 Newminster 400 last week and decided to pop it. The almost 4 years have worked well for this blend. I get more citrus sweet and tart from this blend than maple sugar sweetness. The flavors are stronger and more prominent after 4 years with the rough edges smoothed out. Really enjoying this blend, happy I put for our five pounds away. May add a couple more. Kind of reminds me of Wessex Gold Virginia Flake which is another favorite of mine for an earlier in the day smoke.

I kind of screwed up but turns out to be kind of good. When jarring, I just folded the Flake in half and stuffed as much in the jar as I could. They're so tight, all I can do is tear out broken Flake from the top and stuff it in the pipe. Very easy to load and I think breaking the flakes up may release the flavors a bit more. The moisture level is perfect, this lights and burns to a fine ash rather effortlessly.

I see this blend can still be purchased for thirty something dollars per pound. WOW! What a bargain.

image.jpg

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
I just discover Virginias and
Vapors after starting out with aromatics. I ordered some New Minster 400. Orlick and Escudo. I like them all but the Newminster and the Escudo are my favorites. I have not tried them aged but I will be buying more 400 it is all I want right now ?

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
4 years? Very good.

I just started pipe smoking. I'm thinking of taking some tobacco, and aged them for 1.5-2 years. Which one do you recommend me between erinmore flake, davidoff English mixture, davidoff Scottish mixture, davidoff medallion flakes?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I love this stuff. It wasn’t on my radar as a favourite until I realized I reached for it more than half the time.

Reactions: AlanH