PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
The Brew Crew is up 2 games to 0. I'm hoping they make short work of the Rockies in 4.
giphy.gif

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I grew up watching the Braves and the Cubs and they'll always have a special place in my heart. I enjoy watching any good baseball game but it's always more enjoyable if I get to watch one of my teams win or the Yankees lose. Enjoying some McCranie's Red Ribbon right now and I'm not giving up hope that the Red Sox can put up 4 or more in the bottom of the 9th! Hope springs eternal!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
NH Red Sox fan here. There was a time in my life that I would be like "oh no, here we go again - 1-1 vs the Yankees, it's gonna happen again!". But I've lived to enjoy three World Series championships in the last fifteen years so I am not complaining ever again. I cannot even describe the euphoria of 2004. I was happy to see the Cubs win a couple of years ago. I think the team with the longest drought now is the Cleveland Indians? In which case - if it's not the Red Sox - I hope for Mike Stanley's sake the Indians take it all.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Been a fan of baseball pretty much all my life. I love the game itself and will watch any team play. Only favorites I really have are the Angels (paternal grandfather was a fan), the Pirates (Maternal grandfather was a life long fan) and the Yankees because of Yogi Berra. Turned 18 in the original Yankee Stadium.
So if not the Yankees then I really don't have a preference. Would be cool to see the Indians break their draught though.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
All sports fans will enjoy this story, especially Bostonians.
https://themoth.org/stories/the-magic-nail

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
And the Braves are finally on the board! Looking forward to game 4 tomorrow night.

aywangca

Lurker
Oct 8, 2018
Lets Go Dodgers! Go Dodgers! Go Dodgers!

I used to live behind the stadium back in the college days and before that internet era I would of know all the game nights just by looking out my windows.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, it's been rough being a Braves fan, but we take our lumps and carry on. Still hard to believe that since 1991 we've had 5 NL pennants and 13 NL East Division Titles with only 1 WS win. With all the talent we've had in that span, it's sometimes hard to believe it. The current playoff run was not looking too good the first couple of games, but we at least forced a game 4. Here's to hoping, anyways! Don't have cable, cut the cord about 2 years ago to protest the high prices of trying to get what I want to watch without the crap channels I don't, so I don't get to watch them, but hey, sometimes it's just better that way. Go Braves!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'm watching all the games. Haven't missed a playoff or World Series game since 1968.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Lifetime CLE fan here.
Clinging to hope, but . . .
So long as the evil, much-hated Yankees lose, though, I'll manage to survive.

May 4, 2015
Giants fan here. It was nice having the run they had in the previous years, but it's been a struggle lately. I'll happily watch any team play at any time though - love the game. I prefer NL over AL though because I believe pitchers should have to hit, but the DH rule debate is old as time, and no one wants to seem to budge on it.
Am looking forward to the electronic strike zone, though.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
In the 8th inning now, and it isn't pretty for Indians fans.
GO SOX!
And whomever, beat L.A.!
The one bright note with the Yanks is McCutcheon. Class act, and not a beast like most of the New Yorkers. I knew my Giants had given up as soon as his trade was announced.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
The one bright note with the Yanks is McCutcheon. Class act, and not a beast like most of the New Yorkers. I knew my Giants had given up as soon as his trade was announced
Judge is a class act too. He does a lot for fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.