PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
The one bright note with the Yanks is McCutcheon. Class act, and not a beast like most of the New Yorkers. I knew my Giants had given up as soon as his trade was announced.
Quite so. They were done long before, but after Posey went out for the surgery and we lost Cutch, there was no doubt. Maybe we can keep a healthy roster next year! Was glad to have McCutchen while we did though - as you say, a class act and one of the best lead-off men in the game. He'll be missed.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
This guy Holt who hit for the cycle last night, capping it off with a HR in the 9th, hit that home run off the Catcher.

His cycle should be asterisked. lol.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
And the Braves didn't let me down, continued their seemingly poor performance in the post-season. Maybe one day. Although they might not should have been there. They won the division, but the NL East was a very bad division this year. Last night was also capped off by the amazing defeat my Redskins took at the hands of the Saints...I should just stop pulling for teams, I think I bring the bad luck.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Judge is a class act too. He does a lot for fans.
Indeed. My wife is a huge fan of his.
Later.....
Wow. The Yanks got spanked. Even I felt that beat down was excessive!
But often, it seems to me, when a team blows away an opponent in a series, the next game is opposite. We'll see!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sixteen to one? Sixteen to one? That's not a slump, it's a sinkhole. (The Red Sox beat the Yankees last night. Worst loss in NY post-season history.)

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
The Red Sox / Yankees game was so lopsided that I can sort of understand why so many of the fans left early. But Brock Holt showed why you never want to leave a game early when he hit a 9th inning homer to record the first cycle in playoff history. Even if you are rooting for the Yankees, wouldn't you want to be present for history in the making?

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
Astros are looking good, although you wouldn't know it by watching sports center on espn.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I might watch a game or two, and hope not to get stuck. Right now, I'd have to flip a coin to pick a team, though the ancestral family is, in part, from Massachusetts.

brucem

Lurker
Aug 16, 2018
As much as it pains me to say the better team won last night and it was the Red Sox.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, my team being out of the running, I don't know who I'll pull for. Might have to go for the Brewers. I'm always a sucker for pulling for the team that's never won a championship before.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Astros and Red Sox game was a good one tonight. Since my team is done I'm thinking I may be pulling for the Astros but it would be cool to see the Brewers win it all. As long as it's not the Dodgers!

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I'm on the North Shore of Mass, so I'm a big Red Sox fan.
Man, I love post season baseball! This is a very likable Boston team too, IMO--not really any arrogant jerks on this club.
This year, however, Boston even outspent the Yankees. I can certainly see how fans of smaller market teams would get pissed off at the big spenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.