PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Haven't seen a thread posted about the MLB Playoffs yet and always enjoy the sports discussions here. Anybody watching? Yankees vs Red Sox was a good game but it's not looking so great for us Braves fans tonight.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
Long time Red Sox fan here - in fact (you will all love this) My Grandfather immigrated from Ireland to Boston and fell in love with New England Sports, particularly the Red Sox. When he passed (sadly before they won the Series in 2013) and his will was read we all discovered that he had placed in it the clause that "All his descendants would be Red Sox fans"

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
I was surprised by the Braves’ choice in Sanchez. That matchup against Kershaw didn’t seem even. Oh well, on the game two.
Milwaukee looks to be on a roll. They are playing very strong.
I don’t have TBS so I can’t watch the AL games. But Go Red Socks! Houston is always fun to watch too. The young raw talent makes for great baseball.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I'm from Houston and use to follow baseball when Bagwell and Biggio played, and stopped watching after their heyday. But after the Astros race last year, Ill watch the games when I can. They do make for exciting baseball (which can be difficult sometimes).

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The stinger "B's". The killer B's- Always a third one, too, but several of them, including Beltran.
Go SOX! 1969- Yaz, Petrocelli, Fisk, Conigliaro, Rice. What a group!

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I was disappointed but not surprised when the Yankees beat my A’s. The bullpen scheme did not work in a loud and energy filled Yankee stadium. I would have liked to see Mengden get the start for at least three or four innings then bring in Trivino and the rest

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Go Red Sox!!!! Long time member of Soxnation. So many heartbreaks and joys over the years...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Big Sox fan here as I grew up 2.5 miles from Fenway Park and used to live their in the summers. I was at the game in 1967 when they clinched the pennant.
That 67 team was amazing and we would have won if not for this maggot named Hamilton who hit Conigliaro in the eye before the series started.
My dad died before 2004 and he never got to see them win a W.S. Now I have seen them win 3.

They had a great year, but they are not built for the playoffs. Their bullpen is weak and besides Sale, our starting pitching is average at best. I see Houston repeating.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Rockies! Even though we are about to make an early out. Someday!
Astros bandwagon on deck! That world series last year was awesome to watch. So many great games...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Once I get into the series, it's difficult to break loose. The teams that drag us in are, for me, either of the Chicago teams but first of all the White Sox -- no chance this year -- and on my wife's side, the St. Louis Cardinals and the New York Yankees. I always enjoyed watching Jeter play, that unearthly ease.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Us White Sox fans have a few years to wait sadly. Hopefully the prospects everyone had graded top notch pan out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have to say, when the White Sox finally surfaced in the Series after a century, it was a humdinger of a drama. I saw my first Big League game at the old Comiskey Park: my dad had wangled primo baseline seats on the first deck. I was about 8 and became a fan for life. I was in my mid-fifties before I saw them in the Series. In Chicago, the White Sox are somewhat the working guy's team, and the Cubs, up there on the north side draw a somewhat higher tone crowd from city and suburbs. I think the old Comiskey Park location is now part of the parking lot for the new stadium.

brucem

Lurker
Aug 16, 2018
LETS GO YANKEES !!!! come back to NY 1-1

new-york-yankees.jpg

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm a lifelong Braves fan, and it's just been a joy to watch them go about their business this season, after a long dry spell. But things aren't looking too good in the NLDS...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sorry to wax nostalgic, but I remember when baseball was THE American (U.S.) sport. Kids played it at every recess, and when the Series was played, we all walked around clutching little battery operated transistor radios, as they were called, with scratchy little speakers, to catch all the action. Football and basketball were somewhat to fill the gap until baseball spring training.

brucem

Lurker
Aug 16, 2018
I still prefer to listen to the ball game rather than watch TV,I will be tonight in fact while going to work and while there. The broadcaster is an imprtant aspect of that enjoyment on how they paint the picture in your mind.

Though I no longer listen on a transistor radio I did once upon a time.

I think baseball still reigns supreme here in the Northeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.