PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Well. Won't hear from crash for a while. I see an OD coming on ! Ha ha. Take your time and enjoy Crash.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Good luck crash!! When I opened the box I just laughed. It's like walking into a liquor store and being told just try anything you want. It's seriously overwhelming. Enjoy!!

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
I'd get sick and leave early. And who knows, maybe come down with the Flu for the rest of the week ! ;-)

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Better get home and prepare
Exactly! The preparation will look something like this.
"Okay, I'll smoke this one first, then this one, and this, and this one... OH WOW! Well, THIS one has to move up the list. Crap. But this one looks good too. Man, my tongue is going to be toast."

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
The box arrived in great order. Overwhelming is the only word that comes to mind. Trying a bowl of Fayyum cake to start this party.
20170313_221054-600x337.jpg

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Take your time and enjoy Crash, I'm in no hurry. Hope ya took my advice and called in Very sick ! ;-)

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Ah, blizzard and a big box of tobacco. God smiles on us ocassionally. Don't overdo it ! Ok..... overdo it ! ;-)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Crash, I am so glad you are enjoying that box. It is so cool to even be a part of this project. :)
Let us know how you like blends.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I'll post a nice summary of most that I tried. The takeaway so far is that while there are some great blends, I am glad that I didn't spend the money on tins of everything that I have tried. I find some "unicorn" or close blends to be less than exciting.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I was very excited to try some proper plug tobacco. I have now sampled small bowls of the McQuaid, the Warrior, and the Velvan. The pieces of plug left were quite small, and I made sure to leave enough behind for the next person who has been waiting for an opportunity. The McQuaid was too flavored for me, to be honest. A pleasant smoke with some preparation, but a bit too aromatic. The Velvan was a happy medium, a bit of added flavor, but a good plug smoke through and through. The Warrior was an enjoyable experience, but it is a definite nic-hit and can be a little bitter if you don't slow down a bit. On a similar note, I tried the G&H coconut twist, being a fan of rope tobacco but not many aromatics, I was not expecting it to be great. I have to admit, this was the first aromatic that tasted like it smelled, and although I probably ghosted the pipe pretty badly, I rather enjoyed the smell and flavor of coconut. I wouldn't smoke it every day, but it was pleasant to drink some summery rum cocktails and enjoy the coconut scent whilst watching the blizzard and pretending it wasn't winter for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.