PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I hope I'm not overdoing the updates but I fear if I do not get the info down quickly I will loose it in the sea of trying new blends. McB Vanilla Flake was nice for an aro but this being my first McB aro, I am not sure I like the signature McB taste in an aro. I might pick up a tin or two but I think I'll stick to Bald Headed Teacher to satisfy this niche itch. This afternoons smoke was G&H Bosun Cut Plug. What can I say, if you like cigars and Lakeland then have at it. If you don't then I doubt this one will change your mind. I will definitely be cellaring some.
Woods, thanks for the offer. I'll let you know asap.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Never too many updates! Keep 'em coming!
I think that Bosun Plug in there is mine. I just can't tolerate the lakeland smell odor aroma. It's a great product, otherwise.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I just can't tolerate the lakeland smell odor aroma. It's a great product, otherwise.
If for any reason, anyone decides that Lakelands aren't for them, feel free to send them my way. They WILL be smoked and enjoyed. :lol:
-Jason

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Woods, no mature cake in the box. If you have some to spare I would be interested as that one always sounded like a winner. Didn't get around to a bowl last night but just finished off a group 2 size bowl of Pembroke. Definitely a good smoke, more or less what I have come to expect from Esoterica's thin ribbon cut blends.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, great. Simon just put some goodies in transit to me today, and I've packed up some 2020 and other assorted delicacies...it will all go out on Tuesday.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Smoked a bowl of Dunhill Apertif last night on the deck, very smooth and typical of Dunhill blends. The Cavendish really makes for a well combined flavor profile but it's almost too smooth. It lacks a bit f the character to set it apart from other blends. I don't like it enough to knock other Dunny tins out of rotation but glad I got to try it. The wife smoked a bowl of Black and Lemon, she thought it was smooth and tasty.
Right now I just finished up bowl of Condor RR in a meer I bought from condorlover1 that is a spectacular pipe and it's made me a... well, a Condor lover. I also love that he put his label over the "kills" word on the sticker as it becomes quite descriptive.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
It's really going to take some willpower not to smoke up all this Condor... what have you done to me Simon? :lol: :puffpipe:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Okay, I resisted temptation and repacked the Condor... but I had a bowl of Condor Plug. Damn it, it's good too and might justify buying some of both. I won't smoke anymore than the bowl of each I've had though, it was enough to know I'm in. About to load up a bowl of Uncle Tom's Smoking mixture for breakfast. Tonight I plan to start packing my contributions.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Yesterdays bowl of Uncle Tom's never got loaded so I haven't tried it, work got busy. Took a break last night to smoke a bowl of JA Luxury Flake. Today on the deck I enjoyed a bowl of Royal Cajun Ebony. It was nice and balanced for most of the bowl and got heavier in flavor towards the end. Good proportioning of the Kentucky, Virginias and Perique making for a fairly unique flavor profile.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Cough, choke, wheez... okay, 1792 is not for me. This is the first Kentucky blend that gave me the dry scratchy throat and mouth I usually only get from Burley. Also a bit high in the Vitamin N department. Que sera sera.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Will do, I am going to pick up a new box today and start to prepack it along with my contributions which I will list as soon as I am done. Smoked a bowl of San Antonio Rose this morning, nice Aro. Had a bowl of Mac Baren Navy Flake on memorial day that I forgot to list, it was very nice and I will cellar some.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Smoked a bowl of Lane Crown Achievement which was a classic Balkan style English to my tastes and I will definitely be purchasing some. I don't think it would fall on the top of the pile since there are so many good tobaccos in this class but definitely worth purchasing. I just smoked some of Kate's Choco Brownie, a little too Molte Dolce for me with the crackling and not drying out in over an hour. That said the room note was spectacular and the flavor was pleasant with some nice chocolate notes. This would be a good choice when looking for a crowd pleaser or somewhere you want to leave the best impression of pipe tobacco smell. I am going to be unavailable on the 1st and 2nd, I had planned to ship the box before hand but it looks like the incoming additions might arrive right around the same time. Would it be acceptable for me to ship the box upon my return? I might have a few new goodies to toss in from the trip but otherwise it's ready to go.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Alright then, got back from Vegas last night and received the update package from Simon through Dan. Unfortunately I was nursing a hangover. I will pack that up first thing after work tonight and am then ready to go.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
At this point in time, we are down to a former list member (whom I promised would be included in The Box Pass, if he so chooses) and two current members that have not been seen here in over a month. We require that participants stay active on this list, so their eligibility status is questionable, at best. I've emailed the former member, and should hear back from him today, he's one of the most responsible folks we've had here at The Box Pass since I've been the List Shepherd.