PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
BulletProof, that's a handsome bird, a falcon maybe? That art goes back centuries in Europe and longer in Asia. Trust is everything, I've heard,, and knowhow.

Reactions: BarrelProof

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
It'll happen sometime this year, guessing mid Autumn. I'm probably going to hang the owl up briefly in favor of my normal sized pipes.
Off topic, but i have a question. I ordered C&D Black Frigate. What kind of blend is it? Aro-English? Aromatic? Cavendish based? I heard good things, and ordered it. On tobaccoreviews it says "other".

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Off topic, but i have a question. I ordered C&D Black Frigate. What kind of blend is it? Aro-English? Aromatic? Cavendish based? I heard good things, and ordered it. On tobaccoreviews it says "other".
When I was still buying it, it was a sweet Virginia/Oriental with latakia far in the background and only noticeable if you were looking for it. The black cavendish is unflavored and only used to add body to the smoke. With the introduction of C&D's new equipment and cut in recent years, I haven't tried it. Tte newest I have is from 2014.

20230403_075528.jpg

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
When I was still buying it, it was a sweet Virginia/Oriental with latakia far in the background and only noticeable if you were looking for it. The black cavendish is unflavored and only used to add body to the smoke. With the introduction of C&D's new equipment and cut in recent years, I haven't tried it. Tte newest I have is from 2014.

View attachment 213940
Ok, I'll try it when it comes.

Reactions: Chasing Embers