Not open for further replies.

usrkain47

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2017
Tennessee
img_47961-600x450.jpg

img_4799-600x554.jpg

img_4797-600x225.jpg

The pictures with the much better lighting are from the gentleman I purchased her from. The first picture is as I'm making my morning cup of coffee next to the stove. Haha. I have some rather appalling lighting in the house here. She is not as red in person so there is definitely some saturation in the photos. Unfortunately as I stated previously my own in house lighting leaves much to be desired. Haha.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Looks to be a convergence of a reddish-tinged Tanshell (I have seen a few---must be something about the wood), and the color balance being off somewhere in the digital signal chain. Together they make your pipe look exactly like an early production Redbark.
Not that it matters, of course, Dunhillers (and Barlingers and Comoy'sers) love production-related mysteries, is all. Thanks for playing. :D
It's a damn nice pipe in any event. Quite a catch. :puffy:
For those interested, here's Dunhill's typical/normal Tanshell shade for comparison:
DSC00192.jpg

usrkain47

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2017
Tennessee
Thanks! And it is definitely a bit outside of that typical Tanshell. I’m incredibly lucky to have caught that pipe. The gentleman I do a great deal of pipe business with let me talk him out of it. Oh and it smokes every ounce as good as it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.