PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just gorgeous! Congratulations! You've got a lot of smoking to do.
I can't wait!! Like I said it's like Christmas in July for me! And I love to smoke so I have no problem with lots of smoking.. what blends do you suggest I try for my first smoke with these beauties? I have a tendency to smoke Burleys, Cavendish, Latakias, Virginias, Cavendish but I'm willing to try others..

Reactions: anotherbob

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Congratulations on your new pipes ?

There is something a bit special about cased pipes. And a cased set, even more. So much nicer than a box. To me, it evokes a bespoke era.

Enjoy
Yes I think you're right about that! This set and case has a very classic and historic feel to them.. they also fit easily in my bag and are very elegant. Thank you!

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I saw those...

Not often a cased set like that comes up. I like the little vent holes in the case too. They're on the short side for a Churchwarden at 8.5", but the chambers are reasonably sized. I'd smoke a nice Virginia blend in them. But that's just me.

Those would be the centerpiece of any Dunhill collection, IMHO... Congrats.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I'm still figuring out which blends I find that smoke better in which pipes. This is helpful! Thank you
I'd go with a Dunhill blend for your 1st smoke - a bit obvious, but I don't like to over-think :)
Quite a choice. If you don't have/can't find a Dunhill-branded tin, they are now branded and sold as Peterson, but still the same blends made by the same company

• Love
Reactions: Smoke Queen

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I saw those...

Not often a cased set like that comes up. I like the little vent holes in the case too. They're on the short side for a Churchwarden at 8.5", but the chambers are reasonably sized. I'd smoke a nice Virginia blend in them. But that's just me.

Those would be the centerpiece of any Dunhill collection, IMHO... Congrats.
Thank you yes I agree! and I'll smoke some Virginia blends in them

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'd go with a Dunhill blend for your 1st smoke - a bit obvious, but I don't like to over-think :)
Quite a choice. If you don't have/can't find a Dunhill-branded tin, they are now branded and sold as Peterson, but still the same blends made by the same company
Thank you! I will for some of those blends to smoke in these

Reactions: OzPiper

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I put this in the British Pipes section (vs the generic "show us" section).
Wow, what a find. I'd say those stems are perfect for regular use, unlike a long churchwarden stem.
That must have been a special order set (right?) and a bit of a indulgence for someone in 1928. Do you know who restored them?