Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
The project is complete. Ryan sent me these photos. I’m pretty excited.

I absolutely love that he saved so must of the original amber.

Now I can’t wait to smoke it.
View attachment 151196View attachment 151197

The stem save is really cool—I like how the striped effect echoes the pattern created by the bands and that the colour match isn't perfect and isn't trying to hide the new elements, but, is subtle enough so as not to be visually jarring.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Ok so the guy who knows nothing is here. Please explain to me what is going on with that pipe. Meer and briar? Er....no?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Ok so the guy who knows nothing is here. Please explain to me what is going on with that pipe. Meer and briar? Er....no?
The body of the pipe is a calabash gourd hollowed out and prepped to receive a Meerschaum cup. The tobacco is pit in the cup.

The other end was prepped for a stem. It had a screw in stem of amber. The amber broke. The new stem is a mix of Delrin, Stainless Steel, Amber and Ebonite.

It’s now a work of art.

Reactions: Scottmi and Ahi Ka

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The body of the pipe is a calabash gourd hollowed out and prepped to receive a Meerschaum cup. The tobacco is pit in the cup.

The other end was prepped for a stem. It had a screw in stem of amber. The amber broke. The new stem is a mix of Delrin, Stainless Steel, Amber and Ebonite.

It’s now a work of art.
Damn! I thought that was a really dark oxblood meer. Then saw the rim and got confused. Thanks! That one is beautiful! I usually hate the look of gourd calabashes. But that one is great!