16 Carvers. 16 Cutties. Let's Pick a Winner!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Another example is Diplomat vs Rhodesian vs Author vs etc. i.e. The belge and cutty overlap zone (think Venn diagram) triggers a shape debate that will never be settled.

None of which matter to me since I like 'em all. :)
Yeah, this is why I let them decide whether or not to include a foot. Some did. Some didn’t. The distinction has never been that important to me.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I like the ambiguity so yeah, that's me. I also like the shape even though I don't have a "traditional" cutty in my stable. Who knows, maybe someday.
Haha, if ambiguity is your thing then you will enjoy the set. Some are very traditional (feet and all) and some are balls to the walls crackers whether they have feet or not, hahaha. Part of why it’s so fun.

5.5" seems kind of short to me for a cutty. This seems to encourage tiny bowls to keep it in proportion.

Ha, yeh, I hope they know that these will be judged. That would be the best way to squeeze some creativity out of them. Otherwise... "the guy doesn't care what color. I'll just use what I have excess of to unload it on someone. Green pipe, here ya go..."

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
5.5" seems kind of short to me for a cutty. This seems to encourage tiny bowls to keep it in proportion.

Ha, yeh, I hope they know that these will be judged. That would be the best way to squeeze some creativity out of them. Otherwise... "the guy doesn't care what color. I'll just use what I have excess of to unload it on someone. Green pipe, here ya go..."
Haha, yeah, they were strongly encouraged to go all out and make their vision of the coolest cutty possible.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon