PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I thought I’d share what @Streeper541 sent me in a PM. We were comparing notes on our Christmas liturgies this year:

While it is known that the early church embraced the greek acronym Ichthus to remember Jesus as the Christ, few realise that this practice stems from the utterances of the shepherds as they visited the holy family, “Son Of Mary, Blessed Enfant, Saved Through His Sacrifice”, or acronymically, SOM BESTHS.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
View attachment 272639

Here are the members who haven't recieved their packages. If this is wrong, please post and let us know!

@jerry
@StayPufft
@cstreeper541
9 of the Dirty Dozen remain!

Okay, equating receiving our SS package to being killed by Nazis doesn’t seem like a good analogy although a little known fact is Trini Lopez wrote a song titled “Som Besths” that was withheld from the film because Jim Brown claimed a holiday tune would interfere with his grenade dropping sprint - well you died anyway man.

Off with Linus for some pheasants today - we’ll see if something awaits my return.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I thought I’d share what @Streeper541 sent me in a PM. We were comparing notes on our Christmas liturgies this year:

While it is known that the early church embraced the greek acronym Ichthus to remember Jesus as the Christ, few realise that this practice stems from the utterances of the shepherds as they visited the holy family, “Son Of Mary, Blessed Enfant, Saved Through His Sacrifice”, or acronymically, SOM BESTHS.
That's hilarious!!!

I overheard St. Nicholas last night... he kept repeating, "Say I'm not real again!!!"
santa fight.jpgsanta saint.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.