PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Ok, so @mikethompson mr miyagi’d me this year. when I saw a random Korean box in the mail this morning from my match @Honkytonk Man I didn’t even think of secret Santa, and wondered if Cliff had sent me something by mistake. We had been texting a bit this week and he never let the cat out of the bag.

To be honest, I had been waiting for a letter from customs to inform me I had to pay duties on shitty cigars. I was also on principle of being a smart arse going to wait until Christmas morning before opening my Secret Santa.

I love the frivolity of this thread and the random acts of generosity we collectively show to guys we don’t necessarily know. This year it was really nice to receive a surprise from someone I’ve started to get to know. It was a nice carryover from our chats and the boxes we have already sent to each other - one of his included the old boy.

This year Babbo Natale gave me a beautiful Castello. Thank you brother. A unique addition to my antique britwood heavy stash of pipes. She’s already been put to good use.

2EC59BA8-B0A7-4147-BCE8-980EA463943B.jpegF70B9A47-5BC6-4C88-92F9-90BF251A727D.jpeg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ok, so @mikethompson mr miyagi’d me this year. when I saw a random Korean box in the mail this morning from my match @Honkytonk Man I didn’t even think of secret Santa, and wondered if Cliff had sent me something by mistake. We had been texting a bit this week and he never let the cat out of the bag.

To be honest, I had been waiting for a letter from customs to inform me I had to pay duties on shitty cigars. I was also on principle of being a smart arse going to wait until Christmas morning before opening my Secret Santa.

I love the frivolity of this thread and the random acts of generosity we collectively show to guys we don’t necessarily know. This year it was really nice to receive a surprise from someone I’ve started to get to know. It was a nice carryover from our chats and the boxes we have already sent to each other - one of his included the old boy.

This year Babbo Natale gave me a beautiful Castello. Thank you brother. A unique addition to my antique britwood heavy stash of pipes. She’s already been put to good use.

View attachment 272152View attachment 272153
Very nice! The spirit of Som Besths has truly touched you this year. I'm glad that the gift didn't incur any crazy taxes/penalties - I was worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.