PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I just got back from the Post Office. My Secret Santa gift is now in the mail—it doesn’t have far to travel.

Be forewarned: a few of you (if the Postal Gods are willing) will be receiving gifts from yours truly; these gifts are not your Secret Santa gifts; they contain no tobacco, and woefully, no homemade spermaceti, as it all got used up with @LeafErikson ’s gift. Your gifts are of a slightly more conventional nature (or not). Still waiting for a couple things to arrive, then the second wave begins.

None of these gifts will be the $2.7 Million 1926 The Macallan. Or will it?

Secret-Santa-2023-Macallan-1926-01.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
no homemade spermaceti, as it all got used up with @LeafErikson ’s gift.
Homemade spermaceti update:

I used the homemade spermaceti you graciously sent on my most treasured meerschaums. They’re never looked as radiant and majestic as they do now. However, I’ve noticed a few changes. My meerschaums have begun craving certain tobaccos, cleaning up my pipe racks, and have started slowly growing in size around the mid-section.

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
Package is SENT!

"Now David", you may say, "Did you not say that you sent it a good week ago?"

I did, dear reader. But the grinchlike customs agents stopped it for trying to ship dog treats into the US. I just got it back, removed the treats, and sent that bad boy right back out again, only with a more expedited label. It's got places to be, and pipe smokers to disappoint!

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
ace_ventura_kicking_package_delivery-gif.185696

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Spermaceti is a substance naturally produced by sperm whales that has been used in all sorts of things throughout history. Adding a shine to meerschaum pipes is one of those things. There’s a certain… substance that men produce that approximates spermaceti.
Well judging from the size of the bottle, all I can say is @TheIronMonkey is blessed

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I was just reminded by UPS that they don’t ship tobacco and then after waiting in line for a while at the post office I got to the front of the line just in time for them to announce that their “system” went down. So- I gave up a went to get some take out Pho.
My SS gift will be going out tomorrow morning.
Wha? UPS doesn't ship tobacco? Then how does SP ship me tobacco though UPS? Or is that a regional thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.