PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I will say I've noticed a certain synergy with English/Balkan blends and one of my favorite cocktails: the Jack Rose. I use homemade grenadine and sub Calvados for the Applejack. Also, lime instead of lemon (although my homemade grenadine has a smidge of lemon juice).

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
With virginias, I don't like anything that has too much of a strong flavor. Iced tea is always great (no sugar for me) with Virginia.

Burley blends that are more on the dry side (HH Burley Flake, for example) I think go great with a little sweetness, so bourbon is a great match, or a Manhattan. I also enjoy Guinness with burley blends that are already a little sweet, especially with a little cocoa flavor (H&H Classic Burley Kake, MacBaren London Blend).

I paired some sipping rum (it was Mount Gay XO, and no, I didn't read that as an imperative (not that there's anything wrong with that)) with both C&D Blockade Runner and Redburn, and that was very nice.

But beer always works for me with anything

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I will say I've noticed a certain synergy with English/Balkan blends and one of my favorite cocktails: the Jack Rose. I use homemade grenadine and sub Calvados for the Applejack. Also, lime instead of lemon (although my homemade grenadine has a smidge of lemon juice).
I think the Dinosaur in your avatar has a drinking problem

• Haha
Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
English blends & Scotch as others have mentioned...
...and as I posted somewhere else here, Tashkent & a nice fresh ice-laden Gin & Tonic in hot weather! Sublime...

Reactions: BROBS
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I usually like a good unfiltered hefeweizen when I smoke. I also enjoy a hot cup of chamomile tea with OGS. Something about the sweet chamomile pairing with the Danish topping is just divine.
I love a good hefe, especially after coming in from the shop when it’s 100 degrees out, though I might’ve quit drinking. I say “might’ve” because I haven’t decided yet ?

• Love
Reactions: Mr.Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.