PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
First off, I wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the section with food and drinks. I felt like it could go either way, so I opted for the higher traffic area. My sincere apologies if I erred.

What specific tobacco and drink pairings have y’all found that are just outstanding? I mean many of us swig coffee, tea, or bourbon with our pipe, but have you stumbled upon a pairing that elevated both that particular blend and that particular beverage to a higher level? Something really good?

I’ve found a couple that I really think are great:
C&D Habana Daydream with cafe de olla, a cinnamon-infused coffee. Now I’ve been cheating in all honesty, it’s Community’s Cafe de Olla blend, not the home-brewed stuff in the earthenware, but the cinnamon really brings out some nuances in that tobacco that just don’t shine with plain coffee. Likewise, that coffee doesn’t really do anything magical with other cigar leaf blends I’ve tried either. It’s just that one combination.

Another is C&D Winchester with a nice syrupy light roast/breakfast blend coffee. It really plays well with the Green River Burley Cavendish. Toasty and sweet, without being cloying.

What have y’all found that just “clicks?”

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Sweet iced tea or iced water goes with pretty much everything for me. Sometimes in the hotter months I like a good IPA with my Va’s and VaPers. In the colder months I like coffee, hot tea (usually Earl Grey), and sometimes hot chocolate with my English/Balkans. I rarely drink the hard stuff these days, but I might occasionally pour a couple fingers of rum to sip if I’m really in the mood.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
As others have mentioned, coffee seems to go well with everything. However, I find coffee with a little cream to be a great complement to Burley-based blends.

Scotch with Englishes. The Latakia and peat go well together.

Cognac with a nice rich Va such as FVF. They both enhance the sweetness of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.