PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
Smoking some Nording Tumbleweed on my in-laws porch in Seward Alaska out of one of my FiL's no-name bend billiards (I forgot my pipe at home). This might be one of the best aro's I have ever smoked. No tonguebite or that over-heated cavendish taste, just a nice smooth vanilla, Virginia and Burley throughout the bowl and I am a "hungry" smoker (as Mark "Bremen Pipe Smoker" puts it).

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
1980s era McConnell Red Virginia in my 1978 Root ODA.

IMG-1350.png

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Thx man! Very cool it’s a birth year as well!
Outside of the featherweights (which I don’t think were started until Stanwell moved from Denmark, but I’m not sure) I’ve found mid thirties is pretty light for Danes.
There’s an 86 DM on Etsy right now that I’d probably scoop up if I hadn’t just had to dump cash into other things. Oh well….I’ve got more than I need and s as m grateful for that!

Yeah I remembered you were lookin for a DM (or other older Stanwell). One of these days you may get a link from me for the perfect lightweight Stanwell clencher

I'm with ya though on the gratitude for what we have

gord

Can't Leave
Steamworks 2024 in a Peterson Christmas 2023 69. I should have bought more of this stuff. About to the end of my open tin and only have one more. Plan (planned?) to age that one for a while but we shall see I suppose.

View attachment 326532
I think a lot of us wish we had bought more Steamworks. My sympathies and empathies as well. My personal solution is a very small pipe, and Steamworks as an occasional treat.

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
O
The hippies (no offense) are arriving to my campground, for the 3 day Phish concert at Alpine Valley. May be an obnoxious weekend. The wardens have the grounds locked down, on the hunt for squatters.

Preparing myself with Ojk Blue in the Briarworks.
View attachment 326500
OJK is one of the best burley blends of all time and no one can change my mind.

gord

Can't Leave
Evening smoke, 7:30 PM Pacific Time. Pipe: Falcon International, still breaking in, as in the afternoon smoke with the Falcon Standard. Different bowls, this is one of the small Bantam bowls the company offers. Apparently not as popular as the large bowls. Pity.

Tobacco, an evening aromatic, CEO Cherry Bomb. In spite of its name, its not a bomb at all, but a very smooth and rich smoke, not a bit harsh. At this point my pick for a personal cherry favorite. Not one that was recommended on my forum survey for the noob crowd, but I bought three tins on spec for my own personal curiosity. A winner for me. One of my go-to evening aromatics.

The pipe is also a winner, and like the Falcon Standard, will be used frequently. I enjoy smoking this pipe, and am looking forward to it breaking in. Probably another half a dozen smokes.

IMGP5070optumsh.JPG

Last edited:

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Haddo's in my new Anthony Hopkins (Castle Briars) panel. It took a year to get this pipe because I kept changing my mind on what I wanted. I'm lucky in that Anthony is a friend and lives here in Denver, so I was able to go to his house and pick out a block. I've been pheasant hunting with his father in law John for years and one day out in the field John says "You should meet my son in law, he makes pipes." Say what ? Even stranger was that I met Anthony for the first time two weeks prior at a pipe club meeting. He didn't mention he carved pipes and I didn't know he was John's son in law. Small world.
PXL_20240720_172005200~2anthony.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Haddo's in my new Anthony Hopkins (Castle Briars) panel. It took a year to get this pipe because I kept changing my mind on what I wanted. I'm lucky in that Anthony is a friend and lives here in Denver, so I was able to go to his house and pick out a block. I've been pheasant hunting with his father in law John for years and one day out in the field John says "You should meet my son in law, he makes pipes." Say what ? Even stranger was that I met Anthony for the first time two weeks prior at a pipe club meeting. He didn't mention he carved pipes and I didn't know he was John's son in law. Small world.
View attachment 326541
Beautiful, stunning pipe! Congrats.