PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Long Tail won't leave my side today.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GLP Navigator in a Cavicchi

52890777964_83dfdeec1e_o.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Tonight I'm back to smoking a pipe for the first time since my big dental surgery, and taking advantage of the opportunity to try a new tin of tobacco I've never tried before that I got in the mail while I was recovering: The Mac Baren produced Bell's Three Nuns.

It's really rare for me to immediately love a tobacco from the first whiff of the tin note and the very first smoke, I'm usually pretty indifferent to blends to the first couple times I smoke them, but this current production Three Nuns is exactly what I've been looked for! I wanted a mellow and bready Virginia with just enough dark fired Kentucky to give it some spice so it wasn't bland on my palate, but not so much that it overwhelmed the Virginas and no perique since perique really irritates with my throat. In short, Three Nuns was just that! The little drop of honey that persisted through the first half of the bowl was a very natural tasting and welcome addition too.

I usually reserve judgment on a new blend until I've smoked it at least 3 times, but the current version of Three Nuns is an instant favorite for me!puffy

IMG20240513191443~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.