PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Another random humidor find that I have no memory of purchasing or otherwise how it was acquired. Quesada Oktoberfest 2016. Solid cigar with some cocoa notes, midway between mild and medium in body. Had a strange vegetal note in the first 1/2 inch, almost a hint of dill. That has largely dissipated.

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
@AreBee If you decide to spark it I’d be interested to know what you think of it. I gave one to my brother (he’s kind of a cigar aficionado) and he enjoyed it. The Deliscple and the Vintage 20th from RP are pretty dang good for the price.
I had the robusto tonight. I didn’t love it but it was a really well constructed smoke with a perfect burn. Flavor profile just wasn’t me.IMG_3211.jpeg

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
The thread about aging cigars got me thinking, what have I got sitting in my big cooler that been forgotten about. Turns out, quite a few things. Due to my 5 minute attention span I have a bad habit of buying things, smoking a couple, then moving onto something else. As a result I have a pile of cigars that have been accidentally aging anywhere from 5 to 10 years. Here's a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor robusto that I bought at Holt's probably around 2016ish. So far it's fantastic. I don't remember what they were like fresh, but this one is SUPER creamy, woody, cocoa, a tiny hint of black pepper, and an interesting dark fruit that reminds me of either raisins or prunes. Lots of smoke output and the burn is perfect. It's been stored in the cello, in a cigar box of mixed singles, in a big igloo cooler, in my basement, with 65 percent Bovedas.

Unknown.jpeg