PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
I’m glad you dig it. With all my pipes, I pack a little below the rim to avoid charring. This is the only pipe I handle with a white cotton glove; I have several unfinished briar pipes, and they all get grubby looking from hand oils and I’d like to keep this one from getting all dingy or prematurely darkened. It feels odd smoking it with a glove, but it’s not like there’s anyone here to see me apart from Susan.
Do you moonwalk for Susan and Wasabi while smoking that beautiful hunk of briar.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Started with Peterson Elizabethan Mixture in a wee Tilshead smooth tan Dublin with flattened shank and matching eighth-bent tapered stem size 3. Followed with an early afternoon bowl of Peterson Royal Yacht in an Upshall P Skater with long saddle stem. Air drying some Brit Flakes; trying to decide which pipe to sacrifice to the Lakeland Goddess.

dPero

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2022
Stafilic
Strange, those flakes aren't made by DTM which always come in a plug like style. C&D blends for Europe are made by Kopp which has quite uniform flakes like Mac Barren. The one tin of C&D flakes (Star of the East) I opened until now were more of a broken flake, but these werent made by Kopp, was an USA tin.
It’s not flakes but cake, and this thing isn’t strong at all. I smoked tin od Speakeasy and it was like broken flakes. Both bought at estervals

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Earlier today a friend came over to enjoy a pipe and the nice weather. I have some PS LBEF in a Calich.
IMG_6398.jpeg
He surprised me with a present that he found in an antique store the other day. A sealed tin of Dunhill Shell Sliced Rolls from 1942!!! Any of you old timers remember tins like this? My jaw hit the floor when he pulled it out.

IMG_6394.jpeg
IMG_6396.jpegIMG_6397.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Went out to vote, and followed that up with a second set of walking reps. Just finished smoking year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Abner the Eager was waiting for us when we came home. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.