Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I felt this way until I tried a p-lip on a straight pipe. Couldn't stand it in bent pipes but I barley noticed a difference between fishtail or p-lip on a straight pipe. Which is great for me since I love straight pipes anyways and it opens up a whole new selection of Pete's that I could buy haha.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The P-lip is a very polarizing thing it seems. People tend to love it or despise it.

Personally I like the P-lip stems. It’s a change of pace from fishtail stems that for me is welcomed.

I’m also very Irish on my dad’s side so I’m sure there’s a considerable amount of bias due to it being an Irish thing. As the song says, “You’ll never beat the Irish!”.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I may be unleashing the Hounds of Hell and/or a house may fall on me for saying this, but I do not like the "P-lip" mouthpiece on the Peterson pipes. I like the pipes, the system, etc., but I hate the way the p-lip feels.

Am I alone on this iceberg??

Which is why they make the fishtail.

I wonder what per cent of sales it is?

Reactions: SBC

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Try smoking the P-lip with one of those rubber bits pushed up to just past the draft hole. I have been smoking my new Pub Pipe with a piece of silicone straw over the end in lieu of a rubber bit to preserve the stem (because I'm frugal !). If you push to the edge of the draft whole, I find, its similar to a fishtail because the arc of the rounded end leaves some space and the smoke spreads out. This is just my observation so far and my 2 cents ... not trying to cause more division ! 🇻🇦

Reactions: Choatecav

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
As you can see, you're hardly alone. As for me and my house, we love the p-lip, the graduated bore, the silver army mounts, and muscular and classical stylings of Peterson. It's not for everyone, but I found the more I used the p-lip the more I liked it, even came to prefer it.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I felt this way until I tried a p-lip on a straight pipe. Couldn't stand it in bent pipes but I barley noticed a difference between fishtail or p-lip on a straight pipe. Which is great for me since I love straight pipes anyways and it opens up a whole new selection of Pete's that I could buy haha.
Interesting. All of my P-lips are on bents. I will have to try this.