PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Well what I meant is I'm not the most exciting guy to be around.
Not really an alpha male but not really a beta either. There not really much that makes me stick out and I feel the pipe helps with that. I still struggle with my Bible study but I try. I'll always happy to talk scriptures with anybody. If you want to pm me.

Forget all that alpha male, beta talk..

That stuff is designed to make you weak, the newest generation is full of that defeated talk.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I maintain that male behavior, interests, and preferences are NOT toxic. Being a jerk, male or female, is clearly being a jerk. However, there is nothing inherently toxic about being a male. This includes our interests in competition, primacy, and the ability to focus on anything in an extremely singular manner. No two men are exactly alike, but being, enjoying, and comfortable living as traditional man is normal and healthy. No apologies are necessary.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
My son and I were having a discussion back when he entered collage. He told me his professors encouraged the men in the class to check out the crying room on campus. He asked me what I thought about it. My response was that, yes, a man can certainly cry, but he should limit those occasions. If his mother died, or his dog got hit by a car, but all means cry. But if his choice in political candidate lost an election or some bill was passed that he disagreed with, knock off the crying. Instead, go out and "do". When the going gets tough, no man's wife is comforted watching her husband break down and cry. She expects him to rise to action and get the family out of danger. If afterwards, you need to cry, find a quiet place away from everyone and go to town.

100,000 plus years of evolution have programed and designed men to do what is required to protect and preserve their families when the going gets tough. Of course we want men to be more empathetic and demonstrative, but I would argue that in many ways, they demonstrate these traits already by their actions. Not always, and there are exceptions, and by all means men can reject everything I just stated if they choose, but attacking men for being males and acting as males is destructive. To be clear, I am not talking about behaviors that are just crass, rude, and insensitive. As I stated earlier, being a jerk is not being a man. It's just being a jerk. Going after men for inherently embracing traditional male traits is wrong.

Mattww89

Might Stick Around
Jun 18, 2022
TX
As you should, repeat after me

hard times make strong men
strong men make good times
good times make weak men
weak men make hard times

we are at the “weak amen make hard times “ part…
Well that's true and buckle up cuz the 2020s ain't done yet. You have to be a blind man not to see the shit storm that coming.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Forget all that alpha male, beta talk..

That stuff is designed to make you weak, the newest generation is full of that defeated talk.
love how most "alpha"s i have met live pathetic lives and claim it's everyone elses fault for not respecting their natural leadership. You know not even realizing that their contradicting their own premise. Or that life is situational and what is happening dictates who to listen too. I.e. Don't go to a mechanic for your cough and don't ask your doctor about your car. Better to find what you are good at then measure against someone elses life.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
love how most "alpha"s i have met live pathetic lives and claim it's everyone elses

Those are "wanna be" Alphas. True Alphas simply are what they are because the lessor members devolved authority to them, recognizing the inbred power. The chosen simply accept, knowing they can do the job, accepting the authority and the responsibilities. And, when a proper challenger appears, in some societies simply step aside and disappear or, contest.