PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Though I bought it back in April, I only got around to watching it last night.

Joe Bonamassa: British Blues Explosion Live in Greenwich 2018 DVD.

Here the super talented JB plays his versions of several blues tunes from earlier times. Many of the songs were new to me though still good, but the Led Zeppelin tunes were truly amazing.

The bonus disc I shall watch tonight.

Rated a strong 7/10.

bonamassa.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
Watched the extended version of Lynch's Dune from 1984. Awful prolonged intro at odds with the style of the rest of the film. The intermittent commentary is pretty jarring. Lynch was right not to want anything to do with it. 3/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Binge watched Dopesick on Disney+
It's a drama about the company that invented Oxycontin, Purdue Pharma and the family that ran the company the Sacklers. They come across as a bunch of soulless scumbags who knew full well the carnage their drug was causing right across America but they only seemed interested in making more profits.
It has a great cast and I really enjoyed it.
5/5

Trailer:

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Don't Look Up...

A hilarious, sad & disturbingly accurate depiction of real events that haven't happened yet. 10/5*

Best film I've seen all year!

Watched it last night with my wife. I was physically cringing at the media culture, wife loved it as it's a realistic depiction of how messed up our species has become. A bit heavy/ham handed in many ways though, really trying hard to push the message across to the point where it becomes a black farce in my opinion.

Almost the Dr Strangelove of our days, both in good ways and bad.

P.S. Not bringing it even in the same universe as the masterpiece that is Dr Strangelove.

mackeiloos3

Lurker
Sep 17, 2021
I just watched Iron man. Excellent movie I ever watched. I was using cooler master headset to watch. Which bought from amazon after reading reviews and many recommendations because currently I am on work and its very useful for handle conference calls.

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
I watched Antebellum on Prime Video a couple of evenings ago.
Definitely disturbing, but not as disturbing as "Them" (the series) though, it also has a huge twist (no spoilers here).
The theme of the movie is racism, it's a good reminder of the atrocities humans can make against each other.

antebellum-0.jpg

Reactions: hawky454

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I just watched Iron man. Excellent movie I ever watched. I was using cooler master headset to watch. Which bought from amazon after reading reviews and many recommendations because currently I am on work and its very useful for handle conference calls.
Welcome, Mac! why not try the New Member Intros....

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.