PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pauls456

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2020
Tucson, Arizona
Maybe this is off the topic, but when I go to the 'main' Dunhill website, I see clothing, bags, shoes. accessories, and fragrance, but no pipes. Yes, there is a separate website for Dunhill pipes, but the larger Dunhill seems to want no part of it. This is totally understandable given the current status of smoking in general, but makes it difficult for me to relate current Dunhill to the glorious Dunhill of yore.

Shouldn’t that be sirloin then?
Drum Joke GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Les Wood was a silversmith at the Dunhill factory, and he was eventually promoted to also being a carver, and eventually went off on his own, with his own pipe brand, Ferndown. Some years ago, a Forums member sent me a block of Semois he'd tried and didn't like, and threw in an unopened tin of Frog Morton Cellar. When I thanked him by message, he asked me how I liked the pipe. Pipe? So I dug back through the packing and sure enough, there was a Ferndown bent billiard! Flabbergasted was I. I hadn't bought it; hadn't begged; hadn't stole. Sometimes generosity catches up to you. I think I prefer it to a Dunhill.