PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
EGR’s pipe- the pipe he’s smoking in The Stranger, not seen anything like it. Looks like briar, very thick rim on the bowl but the most curious feature is the forward half of the mouthpiece is white. Here’s a very rudimentary sketch View attachment 69641
No prizes for recognising it just a great feeling of self satisfaction.
I might recognize it, but I need the stick figure smoking it drawn in for scale.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
EGR’s pipe- the pipe he’s smoking in The Stranger, not seen anything like it. Looks like briar, very thick rim on the bowl but the most curious feature is the forward half of the mouthpiece is white. Here’s a very rudimentary sketch View attachment 69641
No prizes for recognising it just a great feeling of self satisfaction.

The white part is probably tape. He was known for smoking his favorite pipes until they were only held together by a thread... literally.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
First day over 50F since last fall up here in northwest lower peninsula. The sun’s out, almost no breeze ... great smoking weather. I got the urge to break out something I usually reserve for the summer ...

3F6F6A5D-481C-49F3-B3E1-E1AC979419E9.jpeg

... so I loaded up some Angler’s Dream into a Roma poker churchwarden I picked up in San Francisco shortly after the turn of the millennium. (First time I’ve smoked out of a churchwarden since moving back to Michigan.)

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Not spliced. At first someone wanted a shorter bowl but stopped short of cutting it in half. Then someone blew a hole in the bottom of it and it was very well patched. The amazing thing is the amber stem survived it all...
Csjxvu8.jpg

bKpvGmt.jpg
Whoa! I’m amazed that you dare! Enjoy!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
The white part is probably tape. He was known for smoking his favorite pipes until they were only held together by a thread... literally.
That’s interesting, I was thinking it might have been horn of some nature. If anyone gets the chance watch the movie, I could swear that he was moving the pipe at one point to show it off to the audience, it seemed very deliberate, that’s why I was so intrigued. Great film by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.