PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I just purchased a Kiribi Mikazuki lighter, but I am unable to fill it because the butane nozzle is too big for it apparently...it just sprays out in all directions.

The butane I'm using is Xikar Purofine, and I notice that the Kiribi fill valve is slightly smaller than the one on my old Xikar lighter. I was under the impression these were universal sizes and any butane can should work...but apparently not.

So my two questions are, has anyone else experienced this problem?

And what brand butane do you Kiribi owners use?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I’ve used Colibri, Xikar and Vector 14x. Never had a problem.

Strange. I emailed the seller and they said sometimes those nozzle sizes vary on the cans...but I'm wondering if there might be a problem with the lighter...I might have to return it.

I can see though that the valve is definitely a smaller diameter than the one on my Xikar.

• Sad
Reactions: diamondback

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Strange. I emailed the seller and they said sometimes those nozzle sizes vary on the cans...but I'm wondering if there might be a problem with the lighter...I might have to return it.

I can see though that the valve is definitely a smaller diameter than the one on my Xikar.

That’s disappointing! I’ve got a Kiribi Mikazuki and love it. Though it’s not calamitous, it kind of takes away from the experience when I have to return something like that and get a replacement :( Sorry about that. I’ve highly recommended this lighter to several people.

Reactions: brian64

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I have a Kabuto as well and never had a problem but I use Whip It! and they come with a set of adapters. I bought a case of 12 off Ebay years ago, they last a long time.

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
Most of the triple-refined fuels come with multiple tips. My experience is that the appropriate size varies by lighter. Try to find some Lava brand.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I recently got a Kiribi Kabuto lighter and had problems filling it at first. I found that I had to push down very hard on the butane can to fill it. Once that was done it fills a little easier now. I think the fill valve has a fairly strong spring on it. Hope this helps.

Try pushing down the fill valve and see if you can move it or if it purges out any gas or air. Then try filling again.

Good thoughts, but I did try all that already. Was able to depress the valve with my pipe tool fairly easily, and tried pushing down hard when attempting to fill.

I also tried two different cans of Xikar butane with the same results...both of which I've used on my Xikar lighter without an issue.

I'll have to try one of those brands that include multiple tips.

Thanks for all the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.