New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday and today I had some alcoholic drinks.

At home I had the following three I had open

1. Macallan Double cask 12 yo - Somehow I never liked Macallan. While I appreciate the nuances, somehow I never liked the taste. This was no different. Too rich. Had it yesterday

2. Glenmorangie 12 yo - Quinta Ruban. Finished in port casks, this is a fantastic whisky. Had yet both yesterday and now

3. Wathen’s Single Barrel - I am still new in bourbon, this was OK but not memorable. Had it yesterday

4. Jura 10 yo - Had this today at a colleagues house. I tasted NOS Jura a few times many years ago, and did not enjoy. After that, I never tried Jura. However, Jura 10yo was a pleasant surprise. I liked it!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Since I was designated driver for my drunk ass wife on NYE, fate has conspired to allow me a make up day.

On the way home, a grocery had some OJ marked way down, as today was the "sell by" date.

Finding no vodka or tequila in the house, I improvised. I googled gin orange juice drink and found a recipe which included 2oz gin, 2 oz OJ and a half oz dry vermouth. (It also called for half oz sweet vermouth, which I don't have so I ignored that part).

I'm on my 5th one and have become comfortably numb...

You can still type
You can still take a photo

Since I was designated driver for my drunk ass wife on NYE, fate has conspired to allow me a make up day.

On the way home, a grocery had some OJ marked way down, as today was the "sell by" date.

Finding no vodka or tequila in the house, I improvised. I googled gin orange juice drink and found a recipe which included 2oz gin, 2 oz OJ and a half oz dry vermouth. (It also called for half oz sweet vermouth, which I don't have so I ignored that part).

I'm on my 5th one and have become comfortably numb...

View attachment 14639

View attachment 14637

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Glenkinchie Distiller’s Edition and some Boulevard Brandy Land, now on to some Lagavulin Offerman Edition (quite good) and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

No tobacco for me tonight, just some On! 4mg Wintergreen Nicotine Pouches :(:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.