PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl from a freshly opened bag of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I have lots of this blend, and thought I'd do a back to back with the original version. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

I seldom post photos of Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, so here’s a few. The first two are Sleepy Suzy who thinks I taste like chicken. The next two are Molly Danger.
SuzyProud.jpg
SuzyHandBath1.jpg
MollyBlanket1.jpg
MollyStare3.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Hopefully, I'll end the day with this smoke.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Earlier today I had the pleasure to meet @PrivatePiping at Sturman’s Cigar and Wine shop for a smoke. We both brought some tobacco’s to sample and enjoyed a couple of great smokes. We decided on two blends he brought- both KBV Blends I had never tried. Armed with my trusty Irish Clay we started with Eldritch- The Patience of Dr. Silence. I’ve never tried a baccy with “tonquin-like dressing” before. Man was I surprised and pleased with this exceptionally smooth, flavorful tobacco. The best description of the tonquin would be subtle vanilla with something else rich meandering along that I would call coco-nibs?
Overall, an absolutely grand tobacco. Definitely on my next order.
Next up was B. Frog’s English Villain. Another delightful KBV blend “Sixty percent red Virginia and forty percent Latakia for a unique English caper… with rough cut Latakia cased in Whiskey”. This blend is a rich and smooth balanced English. The whiskey casing is not overdone.
We swapped several other sample blends to take home.
Really had a great time meeting @PrivatePiping and sharing some amazing tobacco!
Now home, I’ve got a bowl of 2023 Plum Pudding, Christmas Cheer (a sample from @PrivatePiping )loaded in the Irish Clay!

View attachment 288832
@Fralphog Nice pipe and sounds like you had a good time! It would have been good if I could have come along for a clay smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Woke up, fed three ferals, and Sleepy Suzy, and I was awake. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.