PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
4noggins, usually I find them a little slower. But my Wilke order placed a week ago has not shipped yet. I did order from P&C, The Country Squire, Watch City and TobaccoPipes on the same day and all those have been received. Must be something with the Black Friday push?

• Sad
Reactions: AroEnglish

Warlee

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
I’ve ordered quite a bit from 4noggins over the last year. Sometimes takes a little longer to ship but no issues. I ordered from them almost 2 weeks ago and it took over a week to ship. It’s not really a big deal just my usual Orlik and Three Nuns resupply. If I needed something in a rush they probably wouldn’t be my first choice.

Being in charge of staffing where I work, I’m sympathetic that it can be nearly impossible to stay fully staffed around the holidays. And that’s ok, people should be able to get time off and spend time with family.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Yes, you're probably correct.
Dan at Watch City spat the dummy and stopped shipping to Oz. P&C don't ship to Oz. So, 4noggins is my only lifeline, so to speak.
Keeping in mind with 4noggins versus other vendors is "how" they ship their packages..

Any mention of tobacco besides cigars on the declaration and it gets confiscated and destroyed, rather than taxed.

PS. I've always gone a week or so before getting updates on orders, hopefully you get an update in the next few days @SunriseBoy.
Well called.
Yes, I appreciate 'how' Jeff ships his stuff. Very well done!
And I know because I, like a lot of Aussies have lost stuff to the "wise guys" working customs.
As an aside, when I was visiting Sydney on one occasion, I met up with a group with whom I had a fairly close association for a few years. As the beer flowed, people relaxed, and so did their tongues. I was very 'confidentially' informed that the various packages of tobacco confiscated by customs, were vitually all "reconfiscated" by selected individuals, and used personally, or sold on. They all died laughing at the ease of their very lucrative "stash"!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Brendan

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Does it really need to be a USA vendor?

Estervals ships to Australia and a lot of nice EU blends also not sold in the USA.

You can also order from Pfeifen Huber, ohhh and get some of their Golden Virginia Flake;

There’s also Synjeco in Switzerland I believe ships anywhere.

I've looked at the pfiefen huber outfit, but I'm just a bit leary of how they'd ship it. The EU is very woke and PC, so I'm a bit skeptical of my order gettting thru customs here in Oz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brendan

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
I made an order with the crew at SmokingPipes...it was "shipped" the day I ordered.
And I really don't need some "wise guy" lecture, thank you!
At 4noggins it used to be 2-3 days turn-around. 5 working days is not acceptable IMO. Now add another two days to that for this weekend.
Anyway, go back to Grand Theft Auto.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
You can also order from Pfeifen Huber, ohhh and get some of their Golden Virginia Flake;

No, as their website makes plain Pfeifen Huber (unfortunately for the rest of the world) won’t ship outsider the EU.

Without exception the people I know outside the EU who got Golden Virginia Flake either bought it in Munich or had it transshipped by a friend.

Reactions: PipeIT

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I made an order with the crew at SmokingPipes...it was "shipped" the day I ordered.
And I really don't need some "wise guy" lecture, thank you!
At 4noggins it used to be 2-3 days turn-around. 5 working days is not acceptable IMO. Now add another two days to that for this weekend.
Anyway, go back to Grand Theft Auto.
Australian Man angry at Woke American Companies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
No, as their website makes plain Pfeifen Huber (unfortunately for the rest of the world) won’t ship outsider the EU.

Without exception the people I know outside the EU who got Golden Virginia Flake either bought it in Munich or had it transshipped by a friend.

The reason I listed them, the shipping information for a customer’s address lists several countries outside the EU. There is also information for making payments abroad... hmm 🤔

@SunriseBoy members around here have been recently placing orders though from Estervals. It seems they run some good deals from time to time, not sure if you saw that recently, and the big orders members were placing here.

Reactions: SunriseBoy

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
The reason I listed them, the shipping information for a customer’s address lists several countries outside the EU. There is also information for making payments abroad... hmm 🤔

@SunriseBoy members around here have been recently placing orders though from Estervals. It seems they run some good deals from time to time, not sure if you saw that recently, and the big orders members were placing here.
Estervals be woke yo.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I’ve ordered quite a bit from 4noggins over the last year. Sometimes takes a little longer to ship but no issues. I ordered from them almost 2 weeks ago and it took over a week to ship. It’s not really a big deal just my usual Orlik and Three Nuns resupply. If I needed something in a rush they probably wouldn’t be my first choice.

Being in charge of staffing where I work, I’m sympathetic that it can be nearly impossible to stay fully staffed around the holidays. And that’s ok, people should be able to get time off and spend time with family.
I’m pretty sure that “fully staffed” involves just one person: the owner. And I’m told that he’s deaf, dumb and blind. Runs completely on smell. Quite extraordinary, really. Folks should be more patient and understanding.