Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

G

Gimlet

Something smooth and not too strong or heavily flavoured with a nice bowl scent so I can just sip away all day long. Must be undemanding to prepare, light and keep lit as well.

GH Ennerdale works well for me in this respect. So does Pete's Elizabethan Mixture or Irish Cask. Solani Aged Burley Flake, my first tin of which I started yesterday, might be a contender as well.

Generally, burley, cavendish and perique mixtures work well for me all day.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
My idea of an all-day tobacco is something is cheap and plentiful AND I don't have to think about...something I can smoke while working or doing something that requires my attention (like video games) so I don't have to try to pull any flavors or maintain a careful cadence. For that, mine is either Lane BCA or 1Q for aros, or something like Chatham Manor for non-aro.

That said, my "all-day" smoking isn't really all day since, at most, I'll smoke 3-5 bowls. Typically, I'm more like 1-3 with smoking maybe 2-4 times/week. But those would be the ones I'd go to if I were to smoke 5+ bowls/day during those times that I couldn't kick back and relax. The above mention tobaccos don't see the light of day when I have time to smoke and contemplate.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Peter Stokkebye PS1 Natural and PS301 Natural Dutch Cavendish are easy to grab and smoke any time. I go through a lot of these. The PS1 has a lightly cavendished VA with a very smooth and light topping. PS301 has that same cavendished VA without any topping and a decent pinch of light burley. Both are very smooth and smoke great in any pipe.