PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Lots of pipes are not my cup of joe but I don't disdain them or those to whom they appeal.

But notwithstanding à chacun son goût, I found myself wondering about the appeal of this one:

IMG_5659.png

Not a cheap pipe, either; I can almost hear the SP description: "Whimsical yet elegant, the flowing lines of the robust base segué seemlessly into the elegant trumpet-like bowl whose forward cant provides the entire composition with an irresistible forward propulsion..."

'Splain it to me, Lucy

Last edited:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Let's see, a five piece stem. Very difficult to puzzle those together. The spots appear to be inserts and the rim looks like a resin or stabilized polymer cap. Overall I'd say not bad though a bit wild and imaginative. Still better than a bulldog or a rhodesian. How much is it?

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I do not want to smoke that pipe, I will not smoke it in the night, I will not smoke it the rain, for that pipe I have great disdain.

I would not smoke it in my house, I would not smoke it with a grouse.

I cannot smoke it with any joy, I shall not use it as a toy.

I will not put it my hand, I will not smoke it with the band.

I do not like that pipe I say, and I will not like it any day.

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Came here to post this if no one else did. :LOL:

Scott and Abe: yeah, those are certainly fugly, but they're (relatively) cheap, they're deliberately made as novelty items, and they lack that certain je ne sais quoi that elevates the one I posted to the very summit of fugliness; the apotheosis of hideous; a true anti-achievement...awful pipe entelechy.

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
Clearly they are doing yet another remake of Alice in Wonderland, live action with a hipster twist. Hookahs are out, pipes are in, and this one is the caterpillar's. I bet this alone cost as much as their entire skinny-jean budget.

Y'all were pretty close with the Smurfs though.

Reactions: PaulRVA and yanoJL

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I do not want to smoke that pipe, I will not smoke it in the night, I will not smoke it the rain, for that pipe I have great disdain.

I would not smoke it in my house, I would not smoke it with a grouse.

I cannot smoke it with any joy, I shall not use it as a toy.

I will not put it my hand, I will not smoke it with the band.

I do not like that pipe I say, and I will not like it any day.
That author came to mind as well

H

HRPufnstuf

Lots of pipes are not my cup of joe but I don't disdain them or those to whom they appeal.

But notwithstanding à chacun son goût, I found myself wondering about the appeal of this one:

View attachment 253015

Not a cheap pipe, either; I can almost hear the SP description: "Whimsical yet elegant, the flowing lines of the robust base segué seemlessly into the elegant trumpet-like bowl whose forward cant provides the entire composition with an irresistible forward propulsion..."

'Splain it to me, Lucy
WTF?