PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
First Churchwarden came: it’s a Stanwell with a standard stem as well. Enjoying some hh burley flake. I’d love to find a blend with a touch more molasses/sweetness on it, but the earthy nuttiness really satisfies.

Attachments

• 3C68CEA7-8B02-4EC2-98B6-8432B430FBA2.jpeg
    3C68CEA7-8B02-4EC2-98B6-8432B430FBA2.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 7

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lane Limited HGL, what Lane calls an English aromatic, in a MM natural freehand. This blend goes well in this pipe. I like the scratchiness of the conical bowl. It's near 90 degrees here in central N.C., but will get down around 50 tonight, the same tomorrow, and cooler this weekend. Just stowed a six-bag grocery run--fridge, freezer, pantry shelves.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 4th Generation Night Slice in a 1970s smooth medium bend Stanwell Registered 969-48 Design Choice 837 sitter with a vulcanite stem and ferrule in the military mount style. Haven't smoked this pipe in quite a while. Working on a review of this blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Stanwell Registered 969-48 Design Choice 837 sitter .jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Grousemoor in a clay today. Happy smokes everyone. View attachment 217399
@Carol Nice pipe; I think Gawith tobacco is very well suited to clays. Might take my Jamestown clay on Saturday when I go to see Cavendish's Horses; it's an indoor event but could take it to go with the Redcoat!
Going to saw Jane's firewood tomorrow and have a fight with Merrylegs, going to see Cavendish's Horses at Bolsover Castle on Saturday & litter picking Poolsbrook on Sunday followed by another fight with Merrylegs - I hope I don't wear him out!
A busy weekend following my busy and exciting day today!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Drinking a yard of ale at the Old Poets Corner, Ashover in 2019:
Not allowed to do it any more because of promoting responsible drinking!
Orkney Red McGregor:
I think I spilled more than I drank:) Left a puddle of beer in the middle of the car park!

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
@Carol Nice pipe; I think Gawith tobacco is very well suited to clays. Might take my Jamestown clay on Saturday when I go to see Cavendish's Horses; it's an indoor event but could take it to go with the Redcoat!
Going to saw Jane's firewood tomorrow and have a fight with Merrylegs, going to see Cavendish's Horses at Bolsover Castle on Saturday & litter picking Poolsbrook on Sunday followed by another fight with Merrylegs - I hope I don't wear him out!
A busy weekend following my busy and exciting day today!
I musta missed something. Who is Merrylegs?

Status
Not open for further replies.