SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

It wasn’t but a couple of years ago, everyone was terrified that the FDA had put a stop to new blends. Now, with a few new blends a year, some people are upset? WTF?

Just don’t freakin’ buy any if you don’t want new blends!

If it didn’t matter to you, you wouldn’t even be on this thread. But, obviously it triggers some deep seated need to grumble.

I for one am happy that new blends are being released. Keep ‘em coming, and ignore these sour pusses.

It wasn’t but a couple of years ago, everyone was terrified that the FDA had put a stop to new blends. Now, with a few new blends a year, some people are upset? WTF?

Just don’t freakin’ buy any if you don’t want new blends!

If it didn’t matter to you, you wouldn’t even be on this thread. But, obviously it triggers some deep seated need to grumble.

I for one am happy that new blends are being released. Keep ‘em coming, and ignore these sour pusses.
So much this 👆. I love variety and given what I hear from our friends abroad I am very grateful we have all these interesting blends coming so often. As a relatively new piper I am like a kid in a candy store and I hope it never wears off. Like wine I try new wineries as often as I can and when I discover a hidden gem I become giddy. I kinda view tobacco blends the same way. I just wish I could pipe every day to enjoy them all!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Like the sour pusses that said blends didn't matter because they were previously being dropped at midnight and some people couldn't be bothered with being up to get them before they sold out?🤔rotf

Reactions: Fralphog
Like the sour pusses that said blends didn't matter because they were previously being dropped at midnight and some people couldn't be bothered with being up to get them before they sold out?🤔rotf
I didn’t say that they didn’t matter… and I ended scoring a few pounds with help from friends. I still say that midnight is a terrible time to release a pipe tobacco.

But, I didn’t scatter different negative griping points throughout the thread. But, Chasingembers… I dig you. Ha ha. Please let me follow you. Please!!! puffy

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Are you suggesting that Folklore has lost its luster? puffy
No, especially since I’ve never had folklore ha. Im more curious if the manufactures are generally creating more product or if folks are just buying less etc. I could be wrong so I was wondering if anyone else had the same thought.

You know, marketing is all about trying to drum up interest and make people who might want something buy it. It’s not really trickery or lies. They make posts to let people know that this or that is limited and if you want it, better get it when it is released.
They have no idea whether something will sell out. I’m sure they hope it will. Anyone with a product hopes it will. It’s just easier to do business that way, and who doesn’t want a #1 hit?

I oet all of my friends know when I have an art show, and better get there early or the best stuff will be gone… but I have no idea. No business has a crystal ball. What if Apple released a new phone and no one showed up, no one stood in line all night? Heck, it may happen.

Sometimes they do sell out before the sun rises. The majority of pipesmokers are 50-70 years old. Putting a tobacco out to a majority audience that goes to bed at 8pm is kind of weird. Sure, put a bubblegum aromatic out at midnight, for these young whippersnappers, ha ha. JK
Let Esotericas be released at midnight.

Anyways, it capitalism. They try to drive the market just like everyone else. It’s American as Apple iPhones.

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
The fact that it’s still for sale indicates more supply then demand for sure-
it’s hard for me not to think that the current economic stressors are not playing some roll?
This is what I’ve been thinking as well, regarding some limited releases of the past 6 months or so seeming to hang around available longer than before. We’ll probably have a clearer picture once a full year of releases has passed.

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
Also if you want to try this blend try this: I had 22 and liked it, so I went to my local B&M. They had bricks cut into 2 oz plugs. I got two for the cellar and didn't feel bad about it. Check around. This makes two B&M in my region that have done this.

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Reactions: Chasing Embers

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
Looks like it may become regular production.

Unless you saw an announcement about that I think it might just be that these limited releases are selling much slower these past few months. I suspect it’s the economy.

The Folklore I got last month from this batch has a numbered 44/3000 on it, so there should be a “limited” number of them.

Attachments

• 0E60626C-CBA9-44BD-90D8-FA24FD719E73.jpeg
    0E60626C-CBA9-44BD-90D8-FA24FD719E73.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 3

Daddypants

Might Stick Around
Jan 30, 2023
Central Texas
I gambled on this and while I have yet to smoke it, the box (bag?) note is the best I have ever smelled. Very much like a very good granola/raisin bar. I let my little girl smell it and she said “To heck with smoking it, we should eat it!” Lol.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Looks like it may become regular production.

I wouldn't be surprised if Folklore was C&D's version of a restaurant "Sunday Special!" gumbo. Just throw a bunch of stuff into a brick and make it a decently smokeable blend. That said, I really enjoy it and I wouldn't mind if they made it a regular production at $4.11 an ounce.