PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
Smoking Davidoff Scottish Mixture in the Kiko. Pipe Tobacco is getting rarest in the Southern Hemisphere. At least I found a guy who has some more of those tins.

Any ideas of cleaning up the leather hood on this pipe?

View attachment 198129
Lexol is a good leather cleaner. Apply it to a clean rag, not directly to the leather. Let it dry completely and lightly put on some Neatsfoot Oil.

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Going to flip a coin to choose between the 70's-80's Stanwell horn with bamboo and a saddle stem and the 1952 Tanshell 475 cherrywood.

Getting into my last reserves of Penzance, jar says I bought it in '09. I've bought very little since it hit unobtainium status, and I don't think I've smoked any in 4 it 5 years. I used to be quite fond of it, I hope I still am.

20230129_100825.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Smoking Davidoff Scottish Mixture in the Kiko. Pipe Tobacco is getting rarest in the Southern Hemisphere. At least I found a guy who has some more of those tins.

Any ideas of cleaning up the leather hood on this pipe?

View attachment 198129
leave stem in, damp not wet cloth, soft toothbrush, saddle soap or glycerin soap or lexol... lightly used, and more damp cloth. a surprising number of youtubes about cleaning leather shoes and clothes are out there can be helpful. don't smoke it until you are sure leather is dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.